• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ball seat lug nuts

Gordon

After having a set of 15X7 ET25 Centra type 11 wheels in my parts bin for years, I dropped them off today at a wheel restoration shop.  DB, another 02 owner has the same wheels on his 02 track car and informed me that these wheels need ball seat lug nuts. He gave me a company (bildon.com) that he ordered his lug nuts from but that website doesn't work. Anyone know a good source to order ball seat lug nuts from?  I understand that the standard 02 wheel stud is 12mmx1.5  so I need a ball seat lug nut in this size. A quick google search shows lots of ball seat lug nuts for sale but they are for Honda/Acura wheels, does that make a difference or are ball seat lug nuts universal? 

acorn-mag-ball-seats.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

post-32299-0-72815700-1428181245.jpg

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Gordon,

If you don't mind using chrome cap lug nuts and you have the clearance.

These are 2009-2012 Honda Accord, Acura TSX  alloy wheel  lug nuts

Correct thread pitch 12mm x1.50 for standard lugs. 

Should be able to get them new through Honda or local salvage yard.

Just checked they are about 4-5 bucks each new.

Get one see if they match the radius on your wheels .

Good luck.  

20160416_233401.jpg

Edited by Indy02
Wrong photo added

I just went through something similar for the Corrado steelies I recently put on my car. 

You can pick up these at most auto parts stores for less than what a Honda dealer will charge. Note that early Civic and Accord lug nuts will work too. Just make sure you confirm the correct ball seat thread pitch listed above. I think the difference is the depth of the lug nut. Some years were made for longer stud lengths and you have a choice of open or closed lug nut ends.

James

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

I have purchased numerous sets of lug nuts off ebay for various cars, my 02 being one of them. Here's a full set for 23 bucks shipped out of my backyard (Kent, WA)!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Chrome-Ball-Seat-Lug-Nuts-For-Honda-Factory-OEM-Aluminum-Wheels-M12x1-5-/141715239403?hash=item20fee2f1eb:g:u-AAAOSwxp9W4vzF&vxp=mtr

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Here's my story.  I needed shank type lug nuts in a certain size and length (plus puzzle locks).  I learned of a wholesale distributor in my area.  I went to that distributor and they told (and showed) me what I needed, although I was not able to buy from them.

My local tire shop has a catalog of lug nuts from the above distributor and ordered them in for me.  Easy-peasy.  I would recommend a visit to a good tire and wheel shop in your area and have them look up what you need.  There may even be stock in your area.  My guess, they won't be very expensive either.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Thanks for the input, I ordered some open ended (since they will behind the center cap) ball seat lug nuts. Now I've got to order a couple of Yoko S drive tires for these wheels. The other two Yoko tires on my Rota RB wheels are new and will go on the Centra's. I've got a possible buyer lined up for the Rota RB wheels, if not, I will bring them to the Vintage.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner