• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 in Spokane, WA - $3995

Mark92131

I saw this ad and thought I would pass it along.  A 1974 BMW 2002 in Polaris over Tan/Grey interior.  The lower panel below the knee trim is painted black (rust?) car was donated to help the homeless, strange choice of seat material.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/5550616414.html

00S0S_bxUMCPpzURW_600x450.jpg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

I was looking into purchasing, but after a pre sale inspection I walked away.  

Here is what was found:

Rust thru on driver side floorboard, passenger floorboard and right rear. (Right rear being the worst)

Multiple oil leaks

Center link steering play

Transmission leaking

Axel boots rotted and need to be replaced

Tranmission is noisy.  Synchro wear.

No rust at rocker panels, but they might have been fixed at some point.  They didn't want to say 100% yes.

Car has been repainted.

AC isn't working

Car does start right up and does drive.

The multiple rust on different floorboard is what stopped me.  Also I don't live locally so I was going to ship the car so it all started adding up and no longer made sense.

Im still waiting on the official documentation of the review.  If you are looking into this car and want the information send me a message and I will forward.

Official response:

Engine starts and runs well but has multiple oil leaks. Transmission synchros are worn and leaks at selector seal. Vehicle has been repainted, overspray in multiple areas. Interior condition is good for age of vehicle.
Tires have good tread and are of matched make and size. Multiple floorboards are rusted through
Some rust in lower body panels
Rear axle boots are dry rotted but not leaking
Steering center link has abnormal looseness
A/C belt is missing, most likely has failed A/C compressor.