• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've been working on sewing a carpet set now on and off for a bit over a year- yes many other projects interrupted me! 

I'm now working on the drivers side floor piece and cannot figure out how to fit the slots in the carpet over all three pedals! It seems like I might have to remove a pedal in order to accomplish this! Any ideas,

1973 2002 Verona Red

Obviously the throttle pedal needs to come off, but the other two are fine staying on. When installing, I believe I rotated the carpet clockwise a bit and then just fed through one at a time. I used the rubber sound deadener from the pedal box as a template for the position and shape of the slots if I recall correctly. Then I transferred this pattern to a scrap piece of carpet, did a test fit, and finally transferred that onto the wool carpet.CarpetPedals_zpsad0aa7fc.jpg

It's tough to trim holes that tight. I've subsequently discovered another method that I like much better. While I've not done it for pedal openings, I don't see why it couldn't work. I used it on a couple of elements for some interior work I did on a friend's Alfa, here you can see it around the battery cut-off switch. Drop me a note if you're interested and I can help describe how it's done. 

trimmed%20holes_zpsm5uhptn9.jpg

Wow that looks amazing! Yes please tell me how it's done as I really struggled with this. The problem was when I made the second pass (sewing in the ditch) the stitches missed the vinyl around the bends. I had to put those stitches in by hand!

1973 2002 Verona Red