• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Belt Bolt Locations

ClayW

Can someone post a picture of the rear seat belt mounting bolt locations on the side in an early 1600/2002? I could only find the two in the middle.

I have a sound-proofing coating on the interior of my car's body, so I'm afraid I painted over them. 

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

This is odd. 

My 1967 1600 doesn't have the mounting holes on the sides. I have the two in the middle, but nothing on the sides. Does anyone know if the early 1600s had only a single middle tear belt, or maybe no belts at all?

Edited by ClayW

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Clay,

My '67 1600-2 (U.S.-spec) had what appeared to be original (well, German-made) rear seat belts, but I can't recall the attachment points, as I sold the car 42 years ago!  Mine was a 6-volt car -- so pre-September-ish 1967 -- but I cannot find the VIN anywhere in my files.  Stated differently, it could have been a July 1967 car and that might be different from a February 1967 car.

I would put the question to Anders (02Anders) and get his thoughts on seat belts in early 1600-2's.  And Jim's photos above are presumably of his Nevada '69.  Could the outboard mounting points have shifted before '69?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

11 hours ago, theNomad said:

There is also a bolt hole (maybe not on your year) above the side window latch for a shoulder belt hanger for the back seat if you were installing shoulder belts. 

I'm pretty sure a '67 won't have those C-pillar anchors--my early '71 doesn't. I do have mounting points in the package shelf, which I used to install rear belts from Bluedevils without that pivot point. They work well for me.

-David

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

The "Blue" parts book shows a rear mounted seat belt which appears (as David said) to be mounted to the rear parcel shelf.

Rear Seat Belt.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

My 69 has the bolt hole under the rear windscreen on the parcel shelf that's in Les's post. 

Ha! It's one of the few original parts of my car!

i also have the middle and outer belt attachment spots. 

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Les, that picture looks like it was intended to be a non-retracting shoulder belt with no lap belt! That sounds like so many kinds of bad...

-David

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler