• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A minute of Silence for this 68 2002.

MOJOJOY

Been there, done that when a red light runner totaled my former 74 2002. It's time to make lemonade out of lemons. Buy the car back from the insurance company and you will officially have a parts car. Recommend you find a good 02 shell and transfer all the parts from your "parts car" into the new shell and sell off the rest. Glad you are OK.

G-Man

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Man this is sad to hear. I've always loved/lusted after the pic's online of your car. It's always given me 'I'll get there' I needed when projects weren't working out just right...It will sadly be missed.

On another note, my 9 year old daughter is in love with 'having her own blue 02'. It's too funny that 'blue' is the color of choice of the girls who grew up with Dad's addicted to 02's... ;)

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Sadness.... 

At least if you choose to do so, this car can be (with a ton of work) resurrected, or serve as the basis for the revival of another 02 (or more) to be brought back into the world. 

You however, especially being a father, are irreplaceable. 

Hug your daughter, and count your blessings you are still with us. 

That is a good thing. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Vicleonardo1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

• Alpina
1 hour ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

Sadness.... 

At least if you choose to this car can be (with a ton of work) resurrected, or serve as the basis for the revival of another 02 (or more) to be brought back into the world. 

You however, especially being a father, are irreplaceable. 

Hug your daughter, and count your blessings your are still with us. 

That is a good thing. 

Cheers. 

Agreed! 

image.jpeg

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

Very sad to see but like has been said , you are OK , your car can be the donor to keep many of our beloved 02's on the road. Good luck & stay safe.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Wow, sorry to see this Daniel.  Glad that you are OK.  Yes, my 11 year old daughter is already talking about what type of car she wants.  She insists that she is going to get a Yellow Mini Cooper.  I say, "Start saving your money now..." :)

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️