• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My only concern on new VIN plates is that many police, including MO Highway Patrol, are very vigilant on changing vehicle tags and will go to the point of noting the type of rivets used to make sure it's factory.  Fortunately, we have the benefit of the etched inner fender ID.

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

Stamping actually is not a problem and easy to make on your own, you just need a set of punch letters and it is an easy job. But there is another thing. Most of the vin plates come with only BMW letters in the model name field and you have to write your model somehow. But how to do it with the same letters like the BMW, they are not stamped. For example the OEM plates are with written the model too, i.e BMW 2002, not the BMW only.

07/73 BMW 2002tii Golf, powered Sunroof

On 4/21/2021 at 5:50 AM, esty said:

i know this is an old thread but...

does Coupe King stamp and print the repro VIN plates they sell?

They stamp and print the plates. When you order a VIN plate they will follow-up with an email asking for the VIN.  I bought my VIN plate from them and it looks very nice.  

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.46.51 AM.png

Edited by Shawn Piper

6 hours ago, Shawn Piper said:

They stamp and print the plates. When you order a VIN plate they will follow-up with an email asking for the VIN.  I bought my VIN plate from them and it looks very nice.  

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.46.51 AM.png

You can actually select stamped or un-stamped on their site. When I ordered mine I just punched in the number, quality is very good.

1973 2002tii Taiga

1969 2002 Chamonix