• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002 Roundie SOLD!!!

DougM

I purchased this car in the late winter as a non runner project. Got the car running/driving well and tinkered a bit more but have lost interest. Being a third car for me, I am busy and don't see much time to spend with it now. The car runs and drives but needs an alignment and possibly a little brake work. Pulls a little to the left when braking.

The good:

Vin # and motor number match so it is original matching numbers with a clean title

Motor starts and once warm settles into a nice idle and it runs well. May need some finer carb adjustment. It has a Weber carb. I replaced the coil and plugs when I got it. Motor doesn't blow any smoke. I have no history so I do not know if the motor was rebuilt. There are no leaks at all. The car has not left a singal spot or drip.

All the shock towers are good as well as most of the sheet metal. No major rust or rot.

I have some of the original literature for the car including a fully stamped service book upto 65,000 miles with info on the original owner of the car. Car curently shows 31,000 miles but obviously 131k or maybe more????

Lots of parts that I purchased to make it complete; center console, extra front signals, horns, steering wheel, manifold cover, center caps, sunroof parts, rear panels.....

I put on some BBS Mahle wheels and purchased brand new tires.

Also comes with a set of 13" Panasports rims

Dash is very nice with no cracks and electricals all work. However, front turn signals works when moving them around. I guess they need to ground well to the chassis to work. When screwed in, they aren't grounding well and only one side works.

Floors and trunk are solid with no rust or rot. Rockers look good too. Trunk and front bonnets are solid as well.

Front bumper is painted red and included. I removed it for looks.

The bad:

Bottom of doors have rust. Can be seen with door open looking from underneath.

20 footer paint job. Car appears to be originally the orange color(Inca???) and was repainted red(probably in a garage, maybe outside...) Maaco would do a better job

No history on the maintenance...but the fact that it starts and runs well without blowing smoke is good and shifts well with no grinding.

Sunroof is not working. I purchased a crank and some parts. All the cables are there. May still be missing some parts. I just never got around to it.

Seats are recovered in red/black??? door and rear panels are tobacco.

Car is a great candidate for someone wanting a fun little driver that they can restore as they drive. Could make an excellent resto candidate due to the matching numbers and original service stamps.

Asking $4900.

Car is located in Louisville, KY

email me at meredithbuilder@gmail.com

IMG_20160522_092017914-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_090605637-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092029223_HDR-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092105623-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092134464-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092140196_HDR-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092201098-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092207497-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092303926-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092320904-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092349944-001.jpg

IMG_20160522_092358825-001.jpg

Edited by DougM

• 2 weeks later...

A little  more info on the car. A local owner and interested buyer just came and looked it over and drove it tonight. He knows more about these than I do. He looked it over first on my lift and then drove it. If he didn't already own one, it would be an easy decision for him. Aside from what I have noted, here are some of the things he said:

Frame rails look really good.

Looks like a lot of the common rust areas were replaced at some point (which I figured due to the lack of rot.) He showed me the welded in areas that were not original like the shock towers, spare tire carrier, rockers etc...Someone spent a lot of time and money to correct these areas.

Newer motor mounts and other suspension parts.

Car runs and accelerates nicely but brakes need a little work. Kind of spongy. When he drove off in it, it sounded a lot nicer than I hear when in the car. Had a nice growl to it

There is a bushing of some sort half way back supporting the torque tube that needs replacement. It is worn.

He said the car is far better than his own, but he doesn't have room for 2 cars. Will get back to me tomorrow as he ponders it overnite.

• 2 weeks later...