• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kudos to Scott Sturdy and the Vintage !

philv

7 hours ago, Harv said:

.... I do like seeing all the e28 M5's together. Other than that. Mix em up!....

Huh?  John!  Twelve e28 M5's side by side is great but everyone else should mix?  I LIKED twelve M5's side by side; I bet I'd like 50 '02's side by side.  How cool would that be?  And you might like it, too!

I'm voting with Tom on this issue.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

14 hours ago, tomphot said:

Unfortunately, we ended up being parked about as far away from the action as you can get.  It would be nice if they could get an 02 area in the show.... Why do the M's get all the love?

Agree.  This is the vintage.   2002's are more vintage than all the new cars.   All the 2002s should be in the spotlight parked together.  Every year.

Everyone remember how spectacular "2002 hill" looked in 2010?  Well over 100 together.

VV2010017.jpg

Edited by mlytle
Bb

2xM3

On May 26, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Conserv said:

My plans, unfortunately, had to change last minute, Andrew: arrived 8:00 PM on Friday, left at noon on Saturday.  Throw in some rain, widely-dispersed parking, and record attendance and I saw 3 people I knew and 5 cars that I recognized (your tii was one of the 5)!

It will happen!

Best regards,

Steve

I was really hoping to meet you, Steve. But with the limited time you were there and the increased size of the event, it was not to be. At least this year. Maybe in 2017. :)

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

3 hours ago, mlytle said:

Agree.  This is the vintage.   2002's are more vintage than all the new cars.   All the 2002s should be in the spotlight parked together.  Every year.

Everyone remember how spectacular "2002 hill" looked in 2010?  Well over 100 together.

VV2010017.jpg

Marshall,

I could not agree more. Now I know that I am not the only one who feels that way. My 1968 1600 was in with several newer cars. But at least with other BMWs I suppose.

And 2010 was a spectacular event. Thanks for the memories and photo.

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Hmm,

maybe be I feel this way because I used to go with my e30 and I knew all the 2002 people. This year my friend Scott drove his (my old) e30 and we parked together. 

Life fe is so confusing! 

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I missed being close to the other 2002's. I thought it was strange how the parking was done, but I am guessing Scott's volunteer staff was overwhelmed by 450 vehicles.  My car was between an e30 cabrio and e21 (nothing wrong with that).  Every year, I see lots of volunteers (many are the same) directing traffic and registering everyone.  They did a fantastic job!

Hot Springs was a great place to have this event. The lack of puddles, mud and soggy grass (where I parked and walked around) was amazing with all the rain we have experienced.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I was grateful for the parking desegregation, but only because I drove the e30 sedan.  I was still flanked by incredible o2's and not out in the e30-punk lot, where I imagined all would be worried about stance v. grass and gravel and twigs.     

Great event.  Thanks to all who pulled it off.  More food trucks for 2017!    

jb  

15 minutes ago, jb said:

More food trucks for 2017!    

jb  

We had a very nice lunch at the place right on the river.  Sat out on the patio.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

On 5/29/2016 at 9:05 AM, tomphot said:

We had a very nice lunch at the place right on the river.  Sat out on the patio.

This was a big advantage for the venue.  Just across the tracks in town there were several good food (and ice cream! ) options. 

2xM3

I was asked by my friend, Farshid ("Buckeye" - owner of a '76 Siennabraun '02), why the various models weren't separated at this year's Vintage.  I told him that we had done that in the past. I see advantages & disadvantages with separate areas vs a random mix of models. It is great to be with your group of like-minded folks. However, some people won't bother to look at the grouped models that they're less interested in. We could end up with an unintentional sense of rivalry between "my group" (the BEST!) vs other groups of BMW owners ("not the best!"). I have owned an '02, an E46 and an E30 - -  I lust for others that I'm yet to own, so I'm flexible. Pros and cons either way.

Edited by Jim_75Sahara

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz