• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here buy this 73tii in Texas?

Bumpers would indicate it's a '72...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

9 minutes ago, mike said:

Bumpers would indicate it's a '72...

mike

Agree that the front over riders are earlier. Rears are correct for a 73. Metal kugel rather than plastic tubes also.  

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Black, painted-metal front seat hinges lean toward a 1973 model, but not definitively.  The fatter headrest supports and shaped headrest style, however, are definitely well into the 1973 model year, assuming the front seats are original.  The front bumper has neither rub strips nor provisions for rub strips on the end pieces, so I would suspect the entire front bumper has been exchanged for a pre-April '71 bumper.  Miserable paint job, in some vaguely Verona-meets-Inka color.  But, of course, the rust situation will tell whether it was over or under-priced!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

9 hours ago, 02Les said:

As it was in Dallas, it may turn up soon at Select Classics?

Shame on you, Les, for lighting a match in a gas-filled house! 

Seriously, probably a January 1973 car, or thereabouts.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

No personal knowledge about this car, other than what is observable from the ad.  In addition to Mike's observation re the early front bumper, can't help but notice the sheet metal snorkel, which must make up for the missing forward air cleaner snorkel?    Upper firewall lip has the appropriate cutout and one guesses it is a rare air-cooled model, considering the apparent lack of a radiator.  Also spy something ribbed near the windshield washer reservoir.  Could it be a DeltaMark10B or similar?   Seats have more tread and air pressure than the tires, and the strut mount nuts are clearly painted - but who is counting?   Besides that is what is probably meant by "enhanced" in the vehicle description.

fcefbda7-d3ff-4ccc-b9b8-e5ed5d3e098d.JPG

The missing air cleaner snorkel is partially made up by the nose snorkel.  No radiator, horrible A/c conversion, super deep front spacers and the lack of even cleaning up anything scares me. What are folks thinking?  Is it so hard to turn on a hose?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The BMW 2002 tii US VIN 2763346 was manufactured on January 29th, 1973 and delivered on February 16th, 1973 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Inka, paint code 022.

I failed to mention that this car was auctioned as a wrecked car by a salvage company in Dallas. 

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

• 2 years later...

We've  got the engine  (#3346) running on a test stand (wish I knew how to upload a texted video) 

20190129_091737_1548965026837.jpg

20190129_091742_1548965026666.jpg

• Like 2

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?