• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has there been a post on the new 2002 homage?

mo02

Unsure if this has its own thread...

But just one word about the design: proportion! or lack thereof 

Not trying to ding the designers, I am sure they mean well....sometimes a new shape takes time to get right.

Solely my opinion, others welcomed & hopefully someone can post a pic...

-Mo  

Edited by mo02

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

I find it kinda cool... well parts of it. Aside from the stickers, nothing of this says 2002 to me.

I find those wheels pretty sweet.

They did a better job of capturing some of the CSL in the CSL homage.

EDIT: the stickers do help.

BMW-CSL-Hommage-R-01.jpg

Edited by MildSeven
adding photo.

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

The hood is reminiscent of an '02 with its raised ridge line down the middle stopping at the Roundel.

I hated it when I first saw it. When I heard it running I liked it a little bit more. Not by much.

The vents in the front flares look like a good place for leaves, rocks, and moisture to build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

15 hours ago, Preyupy said:

I'm not seeing 2002 in there anywhere, I'm still thinking I like it a bit.  Looks like a Transformer that is just getting ready to change into something else. 

Ha, I like this description!  It does indeed look like it's about to "convert"...

Overall I'd be hard pressed to see the 2002 in this, other than the hood bump. I don't dislike the car for what it is however.

I know I am preaching to the choir but I do really feel that a true homage (much like VW and the beetle) would capture the world's attention...

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

But it does come in Orange (Valencia)

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car