• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 2002 For Sale for $27,500

hynrgee

I spoke to the owner.  Not the most pleasant guy in the world. Asked about AC, replaced cluster and some other items. He basically danced around every question.

Found a link to his Towing company and Yelp comments...this guy runs a great company !!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cozzs-tow-and-transport-sacramento

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

Does the fuel filler, intake system, front bumper brackets, window tint, strut spacers and cluster represent 2% of a 2002?  ("This 1973 BMW 2002 is 98% original.")

Maybe I'm just too pedantic, but I never understand why sellers make quantifiable statements with no basis in reality.  It's a nice looking car; if actual condition matches appearance (yeah, I know that's a huge leap) then there's plenty to talk about without spouting off lines like that.

Matthew Cervi
'71 Bavaria

'18 M2

I can only add that I purchased an NOS one-piece dashboard from this guy.  He does know something about '02's and the dashboard I purchased was exactly as advertised.  There were no issues on that limited-scope purchase.

At the same time, I am bothered when anyone -- even an original owner -- makes a claim about a vehicle's "original percentage" because so much is changed on any vehicle over 40 years of use/storage/whatever.  Before I, mostly by accident, became a 40-year-owner of my '76, I might have fallen into the "98% original" ridiculousness but my four volumes of receipts -- that's right hundreds of individual receipts stretching from the purchase date until this week -- show that even highly-original cars, like by '76, are definitely NOT 98% original!

I would certainly add to the list of changes the steel rims, the left front grille, and the rear-view mirrors -- the rims appear to be e21 5 1/2" or, at minimum, square taillight 5" rims, the left grille should be "shallow" like the right grille, and the original driver's mirror was trapezoid style on a '73 (with a dealer-optioned passenger mirror in the trapezoid style).  This is all easy to stuff to fix -- if you even care -- but suggests, as Mike points out above, that a fixed percentage, like 98%, distorts reality.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

we can all complain about this sort of seller-and there will be many more to come-as eBay/BAT/forum lurkers see prices on the rise. Quality aside; as pictures can lie, shinny painted cars are gonna be inflated and pimped via the internet. 

Golden rule go see it in person before you buy. 

Stop the INSANITY! Or at least run it up until I sell my tii. 

Jonny.jpg

But what do I know