• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD -- 1973 2002tii

a54atii

3 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

Quite a deal with all those spares (Recaro's! E21 5 spd! LSD! And more!) given the current market. Man oh man is this tempting!!!

That's the idea.  I just need to find the right person.  I have a trip planned to SF later this summer.  Want me to deliver the 2002tii?  I've always wanted to take a cross-country trip.

There are more 2002 parts to follow.  I'm going to clear out most of my 2002 parts and see what it's like to live without an 02.  I've always had an 02 and/or NK since my first car, a '69 2002.  After 30+ years, its time to take a break.  Like most, I'll probably be back...

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

I installed the 3-core radiator, new thermostat and belt yesterday.  I switched from a 75 degree to an 80 degree thermostat.  I took it for a 30 mile drive (with ambient temps in the low 80s) and the temperature gauge was right in the middle and never moved more than a needles' width.  I consider this problem solved.  The car just keeps running better and better as I drive it more.

3-core radiator

I have a few people interested in buying my extra interior, so I'll offer new pricing options:

$19,500 for the tii and basic spares (new and used parts, including frame rail)

$21,000 for the tii plus ST springs, IE sway bars, E21 5-speed, and 3.91 LSD

$21,500 all the above plus spare interior (if it doesn't sell)

I'd like this tii to go to a new home soon, so make me an offer.

Edited by a54atii

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Feeling restless. It occurred to me that I had gone to MidAmerica 02Fest in April and to Aubrey Hall's 2002-centered drive in VA a few weeks ago, but I don't own an 02. At Vintage and at Saratoga Springs, who did I talk to and go to dinner with? 2002 owners.I may need to get another one, but..... maybe not. I will pass on the Sahara car in Chicago. Jason is tempting me with the Beer Snob (can you picture me owning the Snob??) and Karl is tempting me with his '88 535is. Decisions, decisions. Konrad is at RMW getting a rough running/stalling issue sorted. (I have no idea what is causing it.) Periodic indecision and lack of direction. I can't build up a collection, so life is rough.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I totally get it.  I've got a bad Fiat 124 Spider thing and Alfa thing going on right now.  But at the end of the day, I don't think I actually want to OWN more cars.  Four seems like plenty.  But dreaming is fun and it is necessary.  

I could see you in the Beer Snob.  

Actually no I can't. :)

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI