• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Points Plate for a Vacuum Advance Bosch Distributor

'76mintgrün'02

I have two bodies/shafts/advance mechanisms, but only one points plate.  I have been moving the plate back and forth, as I work on/test both distributors.  Since I need one to keep my car on the road, I would really like to find another and have two complete distributors.  Another drive gear would be nice as well, but I could rob the one off of the mechanical only unit I have.

If anyone has a points plate they are willing to sell, please contact me.  These are a 'wear item' and I need one which is still in good working order.  There are enough gremlins in these old distributors, without adding another!

The distributors I am using have numbers ending in #164 and #021.  The one plate I have works well in both.  I am not sure about compatability with other models, but I suspect many may be the same.  Photos would be helpful, including one of the mating surfaces between the plates.  The one I am using has little plastic rubbing blocks, which could conceivably wear down.

This is a photo of what I am after--

010.JPG

I suppose an affordable complete vacuum advance distributor would be useful... assuming it is cheap.

Thank you, Tom