• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What car? Sun visors that are all white or all black

a54atii

I have two extra sets of sun visors that have been in my parts stash for many years and I've forgotten what they came from.  Can anyone help me identify what model they come from?  One set is all black on both sides.  The other is all white on both sides.  I suspect that the white ones are NK, but I'm not sure about the black ones.  Thanks for your help!

white sun visors

black sun visors

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

It is possible that the all black ones were simply dyed by a previous owner. I did that on my last car (used SEM vinyl dye) and was very happy with the results…looked "original", even though I rushed the job. YMMV.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Mine are the same as the two fellows above...when the visors are in the "stowed" position they are white, and when they are "deployed", you see the black side.  My 02 has a black interior, not sure if that matters.  It's a '72.

Scott 

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I'm having hazy recollections, but white-and-white might have been used on some early '02's, maybe around '68.  Mike S. will know.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks for all the responses!  As many of you pointed out, most 02 sun visors were black and white.  It appears that the all white visors were used on NKs as well as early ('67-'68) 02s.

10 hours ago, wegweiser said:

It is possible that the all black ones were simply dyed by a previous owner. I did that on my last car (used SEM vinyl dye) and was very happy with the results…looked "original", even though I rushed the job. YMMV.

Paul - You may be correct that the black ones were dyed.  I considered that possibility but they looked "factory" so I assumed they came all black.  Considering that the mounting brackets are also black, they may have been dyed.

5 hours ago, Jim_75Sahara said:

2002 visors are white on both sides unless I wasn't paying attention somewhere along the way.

Jim - Maybe you need another 2002 to refresh your memory! :) 

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.