• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone try the LED lights for brake lights? any good?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

most who have done it report great results. The LED option is unknown to me. I know some use LED for a third cyclops light somewhere on rear window. But to replace BMW tailight bulbs with LED: i dont know. Did you search archives of both boards? i seems to remember someone experimenting with it. good luck.

Guest Anonymous

Ordered a pair from superbrightleds.com. I put one in one side and left the incandesant in on the other. The regular bulb was brighter as more light gets reflected. The LEDs seem to be very directional and when you have them recessed and placed behind a lens, they are not at their best. Most of the bright LEDs I see are flush mounted and use only a clear lens.

So, save your $15. Clean up and refinish your reflectors, check your contacts, replace the lamps and you should see an improvement. Also, check your brake light switch, it is part of the whole circuit you know.

Guest Anonymous

Not for brake lights, but 1156 LED Red bulbs are a good replacement for the rear running/tail lights. They provide brighter light than the standard 10w bulb, and produce no heat. Stick with regular bulbs for the brake lights.

Gavin

Guest Anonymous

Album: Shiek Yerbouti (sp)

Song: Broken Hearts are for A$$holes

Frank makes reference to this person during a transition in the song. I think it's hilarious and nobody else is using it, so it's mine, I tell you. MINE ALL MINE!!!

Love that Zappa. Too bad he's gone.

Guest Anonymous

My sister-in-law is out there going to med school. We have to get together Mrs. Sirrichardpumpaloaf and I come out for a visit. Love to see the car.