• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just ran into Jorma

KFunk

At the gas pump just now, Jorma Kaukonen (guitarist for Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna) came up to me and had a lot of compliments for the 2002.  He said his buddy in college had one and they all thought it was the "cat's ass."

I see Jorma around quite a bit, since he has a ranch a few miles down the road where they do shows.  I hadn't had a chance to talk with him before, though.  Usually his shows sell out right away.

He has a Fiat 500 Abarth, but he was in a new pickup truck today.

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

16 minutes ago, John_in_VA said:

Cool!  Last saw him & Jack Casady perform in 1986.

I saw him play with Jack just a couple years ago here in Athens for Mountain Stage, and they were still good.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser