• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jrkoupe

18 minutes ago, mccusername said:

I have a car at SCR right now and they had a Scheel 300 re-done for me by magic New England elves somewhere. It looks fantastic but if I want my car finished I have to stop distracting those guys with my seat habit.

Scheel 300 redone.jpg

That looks superb, Michael!

• Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

@Conserv I shipped two e21 seats to Dave Varco in a 24 x 24 x28 packing box from uhaul by ups a couple years ago. Separated seat and back of course. He sent me a label. ( I paid) Worked out well. Seats are beautiful. Pretty sure this was the size box. Check with him if you decide to ship somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Gordon said:

I recently bought these rough project seats. They are out of a 86 Alfa Romeo GTV6. For $100 for the pair, I can't go wrong, well maybe on second thought....    A pic of the way they look now (leather is shot) and a pic of the same seats in cloth (not mine) in a 2002. Unknown who the seat manufacturer is for these seats.

A while ago when I was trying to find out if they are recaros, because so many people refer to them as gtv6 recaro or gtv6 recaro style seats, I found a list of cars with oe recaro seats and the gtv6 was listed, it cited an official page from recaro but the link was dead, and I can't find it right now. I will say the headrests look dimensionally identical to recaro fishnet headrests.

17 minutes ago, albatcha said:

A while ago when I was trying to find out if they are recaros, because so many people refer to them as gtv6 recaro or gtv6 recaro style seats, I found a list of cars with oe recaro seats and the gtv6 was listed, it cited an official page from recaro but the link was dead, and I can't find it right now. I will say the headrests look dimensionally identical to recaro fishnet headrests.

I just did a Google search on "Alfa Romeo GTV6 Recaro seats" and lots of hits showing the seats in a GTV6.  For $100 for the pair, I did OK. Now what I'm going to do with them is another story. I already have a set of E21 Recaro seats in my tii. I do like the fishnet headrests on the Alfa Recaro seats.

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

11 hours ago, mccusername said:

I have a car at SCR right now and they had a Scheel 300 re-done for me by magic New England elves somewhere. It looks fantastic but if I want my car finished I have to stop distracting those guys with my seat habit.

Scheel 300 redone.jpg

Wow, that looks incredible. Very nice !

Edited by Lorin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 2:47 PM, LarsAlpina said:

Ray,

should be Scheel 200 (or 201 if they have tilting backrests) from what I can see from your picture and as Steve says.

BMW options/accessories brochure:

Ray BMW.jpg

Scheel brochure:

Ray Scheel.jpg

Best regards, Lars.

Bringing Lars post to the top! Scheel 200's or 201's (200 with fold-forward backrest).

Good period brochure photos!

Best regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

My most recent acquisition, ASS 303 race bucket.  No rips or tears, used but in great condition.  Could use a little tightening of the Perlon here and there but overall I like the look and the patina.  Same seat used in my Gr. 2 car, different color though, all the pics I have seen were the same seat, only with orange or blue nomex cloth.  I was really fortunate to have the seller really work with me (came from Germany), it is a royal PIA shipping stuff, especially this large out of Europe.  I got a great deal on the seat, shipping cost more than the seat itself.  You have zero chance of finding one of these here in the US, so if you want, you pay.  The good news as well is, I FIT, its tight, but I fit.

IMG_20200902_163827.jpg

IMG_20200902_163836.jpg

4 hours ago, Conserv said:

Good period brochure photos!

The real trick is to match these period pictures with confirmed dates. I think the BMW accessories catalogue is from late '73... would like to know the date of that particular Scheel ad.

This ad looks similar and is from 1974--

1974 Scheel seat ad.jpg

This one is from 1970--

1970 Scheel ad.jpg

And these are from Sep '69--

Scheel 200 Sep '69.jpg

Scheel 400 sep '69.jpg

• Like 1

From a 320i sport, bought them over 30 years ago.  They are STILL, the most comfortable seats in any of my cars.

20200905_111044.jpg

• Like 2

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Dave,  I was about 21 or 22 when I bought them, was just finishing college and was flat broke.  My buddy had them in his 76 2002 and was selling it but didn't want to let the seats go with it, he asked me if I wanted them for $100, not really having the money but still knowing how great they were I managed to scrape up the money for them.  Best purchase I have ever made for that car!  On a funny side note, he had the rest of the seats from that 320i stored in his mother's house.  I saw them advertised on CL 2 years ago by his brother and bought them for 25 bucks, so I actually have the complete set of seats for the 320i sport.  I tried to fit them in the 1600 but I didnt really like them.  Even the dogs like the fronts though!

20200905_112345.jpg

• Like 2

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

• 3 months later...