• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a rust-free 6K or less Roundie

On 9/5/2016 at 5:33 PM, Freude am Fahren said:

Found this last night after missing out on a black 1970 in Riverside in fantastic shape with two engines that sold for 2K dollars within 2 hours of getting posted! I was kicking myself for my shitty luck when I came across this. Made payment on it today. Due to pick it up later this week. I'm super excited! Happy to be part of the club and thanks for all your help gentlemen!

This sounds like that black one. Congrats on the Golf! Post some photos.

1989 BMW M3

1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

2017 Ford Focus RS

THAT'S IT!!!!! Glad to know it went to someone on this forum. In retrospect, I'm delighted to have the Golf Yellow car. Both the color and the model are special to me. You see, my father used to own a 74 Golf Yellow when I was growing up in Tehran. During a bitterly cold night on the eve of the Iranian revolution in the late 1970s, my older brother became ill and my dad was forced to drive him to the hospital despite the strict curfew being enforced. He was stopped by the ruthless revolutionary guards a few short blocks away from the hospital for breaking the curfew, dragged out of the car, and made to watch as they opened fire on his yellow canary and made a sieve of what was once his pride and joy. The car was totaled and his next car was a Citroen. My dad turned 70 yesterday, the same day the purchase of the golf yellow 2002 was completed. When I spoke to the owner, he mentioned that the car was owned by his family from new and bears the original paint. He shared that it has never been in an accident and that it was originally a California car. I'm due to fly up to Portland on the 18th to collect it :)

11 hours ago, danco_ said:

Carl, this is a good point. I haven't had a felony since 2009. I think it's time to reset the timer. 

Maybe if you give me a ride in yours then I'll say yes. 

But seriously.

Time to get some of that Kardashian money! 

Did you mean to reply to another thread?

1989 BMW M3

1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

2017 Ford Focus RS

12 hours ago, Freude am Fahren said:

THAT'S IT!!!!! Glad to know it went to someone on this forum. In retrospect, I'm delighted to have the Golf Yellow car. Both the color and the model are special to me. You see, my father used to own a 74 Golf Yellow when I was growing up in Tehran. During a bitterly cold night on the eve of the Iranian revolution in the late 1970s, my older brother became ill and my dad was forced to drive him to the hospital despite the strict curfew being enforced. He was stopped by the ruthless revolutionary guards a few short blocks away from the hospital for breaking the curfew, dragged out of the car, and made to watch as they opened fire on his yellow canary and made a sieve of what was once his pride and joy. The car was totaled and his next car was a Citroen. My dad turned 70 yesterday, the same day the purchase of the golf yellow 2002 was completed. When I spoke to the owner, he mentioned that the car was owned by his family from new and bears the original paint. He shared that it has never been in an accident and that it was originally a California car. I'm due to fly up to Portland on the 18th to collect it :)

That is an amazing story. Golf is probably not the best color if you're trying to sneak around unnoticed... 

1989 BMW M3

1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

2017 Ford Focus RS