• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a NOS Solex

maharaja

On September 9, 2016 at 2:36 PM, maharaja said:

Hello

Looking for a Nos or possibly rebuilt Solex for a 1976.

Got Carb?

I obviously can't tell you there are no more NOS Solexes -- no one knows for certain -- but I haven't seen one in the last 20 years, and I generally keep my eyes open for NOS '02 parts!   

If your goal is to adhere strictly to original appearance and operation, there are many reputable carburetor rebuilders who can also restore the various finishes found on an original carb.  Here's my '76's carb in 1983 (1st photo) and in 2012 (2nd and 3rd photos), after such a restoration.

Regards,

Steve

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, maharaja said:

Well hope springs eternal, or so it is said.

Nice work on the carb. I am familiar with carb rebuilder for Porsche but not this type.

And a number of searches on the 2002FAQ didn't turn up any resources. 

I used Paltech Technologies LLC in Brunswick, Ohio, because they appeared to specialize in a wide range of vintage carbs (Solexes, Zeniths, Strombergs, SU's).  S&S Imports in Dallas, Texas, specializes in the Solex PHH carbs (side draft) for Mercedes 190SL applications.  If you can restore those, you can restore an '02's Solex downdraft.  There are lots of possibilities out there.  Try searching on something like "Solex carburetor restoration".

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)