• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 for sale - Houston, TX

homiegslicie

UPDATE: Fixed throttle pedal issue. Replaced spring and greased up mounting point at base of pedal. Works great now.

Up for sale is my baby, my 1976 BMW 2002 located in Houston, TX. I've owned the car since last December, and unfortunately will be moving to NYC for work and it does not make sense for me to keep this. The previous owner owned it for 6 years, he was the 3rd owner. I have all of previous owners receipts as well as mine.

I will update the listing as I have more time and remember things. In the meantime:

Interior includes new Corbeau micro suede front seats, black carpet kit, reupholstered original back micro suede bench seat, new rear deck, custom micro suede headliner with //M color stitching, new sound system (4 speakers and CD player with bluetooth), new teal seat belts, new Renown Monaco Silver steering wheel with BMW center. Everything is black, but the door panels are still blue and driver side bottom is starting to come loose but still in great shape. Overall interior is very nice and clean. The car never had AC (two owners ago removed it) and heater does not work. Odometer does not work, is showing around 49k miles, which is probably incorrect.

Exterior is slightly above driver quality. I repaired rust on rocker panels, rear bumper, and inside the front wheel wells. There is still a bit of rust in the front bumper, but nothing serious. I had 2002 turbo flares, front bumper, and spoiler painted and installed less than a year ago. There are a couple small scratches and dents here and there, but other than that the paint looks good. Previous owner replaced the front and rear windshields and gaskets, both roundels and some of the trim. All lights function and blink or shine when they are supposed to except front left turn indicator which does not shine when idle. Trunk is perfect. Previous owner refinished original wheels, and they are holding up pretty well. Michelin tires still have some life left in them. Previous owner also replaced front brakes and calipers and rear drums, shoes and cylinders. Car brakes exceptionally well for being 40 years old. Also recently added new front grill to replace previous blacked out grill.

In the engine compartment, previous owner spent a great deal of time replacing many parts over the years. Overall, car runs great, starts up easily, and cruises fine. Gets a little cranky in cold weather and requires some finesse with the choke. Battery is fairly new. Previous owner replaced starter, installed a new distributor and cap, and plugs and coils, as well as new alternator. Previous owner replaced the carburetor with a new Weber carburetor. I installed Ansa center exhaust and sport muffler, resealed the transmission, had the carburetor cleaned and tuned, replaced master slave cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, custom aluminum radiator, changed oil and filter less than a month ago, new plugs, and if I think of anything else I will add it here.

Two cons I can think of right now:
- Will probably need valves checked sometime in the near future. Nothing crazy or expensive, just haven't had time. Car drives fine without it, just burns a little oil on overrun when I drive it hard.
- Gas pedal gets stuck sometimes at about 10-20% throttle, it's an easy fix just haven't had the time to do it, but will try to fix it before it is sold.

Overall, car is an awesome looker. Get stares everywhere. Runs and drives great. Very tight. Will miss it. I am looking for $15,000, however I am open to reasonable offers. No low balls please! Feel free to contact me with questions or to schedule a time to come see it. Thanks

robertoandregarcia -at- gmail -dot- com
eight 3 two - 6 seven 1 - two 4 two 0

IMG_0411 (1).png

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg