• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002, Austin, Texas - SOLD

zinz

Howdy all,

Selling my '75 to move on to a Roundie project.  I've owned this one almost two years now and replaced a lot of things.  It's reliable, looks good, AC works great, and lots of brand new parts...

75 Cosmics.jpg

NEW:

Brakes - I mean everything except the pedal... calipers, cylinders, hoses, pads, shoes, booster, master cylinder, discs, drums... all of it. Bearings repacked and good.

New clutch slave cylinder

Shifter rebuilt and transmission selector shaft seal replaced

Guibo in great shape

Gearbox and diff fluids changed to RedLine fluids

New 320i Radiator (not the plastic one, the early, metal one) perfect condition.  System flushed and new BMW smurf juice.  Runs at 3:00 on the gauge with AC on and 100 degree Texas heat. Solid.

New Ireland dizzy with replacement HotSpark ignitor.  No issues

New wires, cap, rotor and NKG BP5ES plugs

Exhaust manifold replaced (original broken at down pipe) new exhaust studs, sealed with Loctite blue and copper nuts on all fasteners. 320i exhaust heatshield gasket. Rebuilt exhaust hanger at back of transmission. New rubber hangers elsewhere.

Weber 32/36 freshly rebuilt, including power valve, jetted to CDiesel's prescription. Electric choke. Runs great.

New electric fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, rubber lines, and check valve at tank.

Replacement fuel tank (old one was rusty at seam)

Brand new battery

Yellow fog lights installed with relay

Euro turn signals

Flasher relay upgraded to electronic unit

New ST sway bars, front and back

Bilstein HD and shocks and struts with strut bearings

Front suspension rebuilt - ball joints (safety wired), control arms with bushings, center link, front subframe bushings.  Idler arms are good.

Car sits on 13x6 Cosmics and brand new Kuhmos.  320i Turbines are available, or other options, as well.

Engine - runs well.  Starts right up, idles nicely, no strange noises.  E12 Head appears to be a replacement, no idea the history, though.  Valves adjusted and new gaskets and top timing chain cover resealed. 

Rust - Nothing structural; shock towers and strut tops are solid. Body panels are good, front duckbill has been repaired.  Spare tire well has holes. I've replaced one floor section under the rear seat (actually, Barney Toler did it :) thanks! ) Some rust in front passenger floor pan. Nothing terminal...

Paint:  Originally Sahara, repainted dark metallic blue, single stage by PO in Houston. I've polished it and it looks good, but it's a ten-footer. I've also repainted under the hood and door jambs to match.

Door seals good.  New underhood seals and foam pads. Front windshield seal is good.  Rear needs replacing ( I may do this soon). I polished the rear bumper.

Interior - BEHR console is very good. Dash is cracked but shiney. 320i Sport steering wheel (torn leather at top) Door cards uncut.  BMW CoCo mats, seats in good shape, only the driver seat bottom starting to crack. Headliner has one tear (easy fix, which is on my list)

Dash gauge pod removed and refreshed with new speedo and working odometer (thank you Daron). New pigtail ground was added.  Gauges are now very solid, no electrical twitching.

Heater fan non-op...spins freely, has power, no workie :(.  Heater valve works, though.

I have photographed most all the repairs to show my work (sorry, no build blog). Lots of receipts.  Lots of photos available.  PM me.

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend.

Ed Z

75 sale.jpg

75 engine bay.jpg 75 Interior.jpg

75 rear II.jpg

75 sale III.jpg 75 rear.jpg

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool