• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stabilize engine and fixing transmission leak

theNomad

It would only leak when it was running, specifically after it was put in gear and moved. Then it would start a constant fast drip. 

Im on a limited budget at this point so i cant do the bearing, plus it takes a special puller I believe. Its a slippery slope and i could justify another $500 on various items but at month 10 I just need to drive it!

It wasnt dripping before and suddenly started after a hard run. Hoping to just quell the fluid loss and get it driving. 

Popped the black sealing plate off and have another on the way, but upon closer inspection I found the culprit. Missing plug at the top. Wasn't too keen eyed till I got in there up close and personal. Too bad I have to wait till tuesday for the part to come in, I was hoping to get it back in this weekend!

20160929_172541.jpg

20160929_171113.jpg

I think the PO had it that way and the fluid had all leaked to a point where it wasn't dripping out. I got the car and saw just superficial drips. Once I changed the fluid and filled it with new fluid, out it all came.

Order STILL not at the local BMW dealer! Hope I get it tomorrow as I want to hit the vintage meet Saturday!

Ho - Lee - Crud - I haven't received the larger cover plate yet. They looked in the system and saw that it was still on the way. There was only ONE in the COUNTRY! 

He's thinking that it is possibly on order from Germany. Ugh! 

If I don't get this tomorrow I guess i may not be bringing it to the SoCal vintage meet this weekend.