• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 '02 Speaker Location

Chez

The original location of the single speaker was below the radio......however......you have A/C!

Radio in a '72.jpg

Edited by 02Les
wrong pic

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

My '73 came with a Frigiking A/C unit and a mono Blaupunkt radio, both dealer installed.  The original speaker was mounted in the underdash panel that fits between the glovebox and the right side cowl panel.  IIRC it was a 4x6 speaker.  However, all those radios were dealer (or original owner) installed, so there's no one "official" location if there's A/C.

When I installed a stereo radio, I mounted two 5" surface mount speakers--one on each cowl panel (where the carpet is) up front, and two 4x6 coax speakers in period Blaupunkt surface-mount boxes velcro'ed to the rear package shelf.  All four are mounted so that they can be removed without leaving any visible holes.  

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite