• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Tii Project

wab_jr

Every picture tells a story-

Here's this one's:

During the 1980's,I would drive past this gorgeous roundie on my way home and lust for it (I was driving a jade green square light car then). Then in 1995 or somewhere around there, this beauty got smacked in the ass while sitting in traffic. Shortly after this tragedy, the owner bought another 73tii in New Orleans and was going to make one great car from both. Totally disassembled the New Orleans car (I mean totally) and sent the shell out to be chemically stripped. Once stripped, the shell was sent to the body shop...well, the body shop went bust and the donor shell got taken hostage by a wacked out religious zealot (I do not exaggerate; he was one step short of a tin-foil helmet and, to this day, I cannot get him to surrender the shell). Meanwhile, the smacked car sat in a garage, then under a storage shed from approximately 1996. So, fast forward to 2012: I get all of the New Orleans tii car pieces (except the shell) and put them in my warehouse. In 2015, I get the smacked car from the shed and roll it into the warehouse, where for the first time, all the 73tii's are under the same roof (well, except for the New Orleans shell). So, I've got a whacked aubenlackierung-BMW Baikal PVC-frei 73 tii, the what appears to be complete dissembled (less shell) 73 tii New Orleans car (?). The New Orleans car has white leather interior and the Baikal car has blue front  Koenigs and blue factory rear seats. I've got extra sheet metal: 2 complete sets of left/right front fenders and left/right doors that I think were for my 74 bronzit car. I've got boxes of NOS parts for both round & square and NOS headliner(s). I am wanting to sell all my '02 cars & parts. I'm located in Jackson, MS.

E-mail me to discuss: wab@wabpartners.com

Bring a big trailer,

Billy

001.JPG

005.JPG

010.JPG

028.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

That's fine, sir!

Did you go to Eurofest in Jackson this year? I went a few years ago (I think it was a Eurofest then). My eccentric friend probably had his Maclaren there.

And I need few excuses to post an M635 pic!

IMG-20160930-WA0002.jpg

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

That's fine, sir!

Did you go to Eurofest in Jackson this year? I went a few years ago (I think it was a Eurofest then). My eccentric friend probably had his Maclaren there.

And I need few excuses to post an M635 pic!

IMG-20160930-WA0002.jpg

Missed eurofest this year; was in New Orleans. Is you eccentric friend a chef? A buddy has a new white mclaren here.
Your m635 looks quite fetching!
Are you in the Southern US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ray_ said:

Cool stuff! What wheels are on the blue car?

Cheers,

Yes, early OEM alloys (by F.P.S.), as my example below.

The tii shell held hostage, separated from its engine, is killing me!

VIN 2763951 was probably manufactured May 1973.

GLWS,

Steve

IMG_2861.JPG

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Yes, early OEM alloys (by F.P.S.), as my example below.

The tii shell held hostage, separated from its engine, is killing me!

VIN 2763951 was probably manufactured May 1973.

GLWS,

Steve

IMG_2861.JPG

Steve-
Thanks for the wheel ID and probable build date. About every 3 months I make yet another futile attempt to recover the shell; this guy makes no sense...

1 minute ago, wab_jr said:

Steve-
Thanks for the wheel ID and probable build date. About every 3 months I make yet another futile attempt to recover the shell; this guy makes no sense...

Billy,

I'm frustrated and I just found out about it!  Arrrgh!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

3 hours ago, wab_jr said:

Steve-

I'm 2 hours away. Let's gang up and do an intervention.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.