• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 323i Track Car

glashaus

1982 BMW 323i Track Car VIN WBAAH3100C7454397.

I purchased this car over the summer with hopes to making it a street car. After going through the car, I decided it should remain a track car. However, this doesn't resolve my search for a modified street e10 or e21 for my wife and myself to enjoy. Please take a look at the copy below on the 323i,  I'm selling to fund this search. Although I would prefer to sell the car, I will consider interesting e10 or e21 trades. Thank you for looking and please feel free to contact me with any questions or requests. 
This is the history I obtained from the previous owner and builder. In 2002 he acquired this 1982 BMW 323i, VIN WBAAH3100C7454397. From 2006 to 2008 it was not drive much and sat in his garage most of the time. About this time he decide to make a track car out of it. The floor boards where quite bad so he installed the custom floor pans, framing and roll cage you see in it now and took out as much weight out as he could...and did all the body work himself. Once the body was done and painted he took to rebuilding the engine around 2010. Bought a brand new set of new set of higher compression pistons and rings from a company in England. He took the block, pistons and crank to a local machine shop and had the crank redone and block re-machines for new pistons. Opened the ports up in the cylinder head and re-lapped the valve seats. Reassembled  the engine with a new oil pump, timing belt, tensioner cam and crank bearings. 2011 drove it again, was licensed as an antique just to be able to drive it modified as it was. In the Winter of 2012 a slight oil leak was repaired and drained the oil and reinstalled the pan gasket. In early spring of 2013 everything is back together again and to it to a couple auto cross/ pro solo events (no log book). He owned the car until August of 2016.
The body has a fully custom Zender body kit fiberglassed into this Hennarot e21 barely looks stock. The extensive fiberglass fabrication blends the front all the way back to the rear. The bumpers, side markers and body trimmed have been removed and shaved. The deck lid is a badge delete and the OEM hood is attached with pins.
Inside, the interior has been removed and finished in flat black. It has a full cage welded to custom framing and lowered floor pan. The front valance and core support has been removed to decrease weight. The dash has been upgraded with a full bank of gauges in a custom race console and a touch button starter. A pair of black Cobra style race seats on custom rails with G-Force racing harness belts, BWA steering wheel and full set of OMP pedals.
This car is equipped with a 165hp (estimated) M20 2.7 liter six cylinder engine fed by a Bosch Jetronic fuel injection. Power is transferred to the wheels by a short-throw ratio 5 speed transmission. Driver assist features include front and rear slotted/cross drilled disc brakes with braided brake lines. Other features include JAZ racing fuel cell, and new relocated battery to the trunk. The wheels are basketweave 15x7 light weight alloys with 205/50-15  high performance tire's on all four corners.
This 323i has a great power to weight ratio this car is an excellent platform for vintage (SVRA Group 8 R/S eligible), Auto-Crossing/ ProSolo, High Performance Drivers Education schools, Formula drift, or weekend toy. The car could do with a change of fluids and a tune up.
The car is located in St. Louis, MO, the odometer shows 120,xxx miles (actual mileage unknown) and comes with a clean Illinois title, price is $6650.
Thank you for looking, please feel free to contact me(Bill) at (314) 704-8560 (texting okay) or wiljkemper@gmail.com 

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

Edited by glashaus
Newer photos and lowered sale price

1968 IMSA RS 2002,1970 COMMA GT2 2002
1975 Miller & Norburn IMSA RS 320, 1977 SCCA ITB 320
1979 BMWCCA D-Mod 323/2.8,1980 Gruppe 2/RT 323/3.5 turbo