• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

multi-gauge repair

echappe

Has anyone worked on the printed circuit board attached to the temperature/fuel level gauges. oil level light is inop and i have replaced frayed wiring going to fusbox. You can see where the copper wire inset on the fibre board panel has fried. That looks like it is attached permanently with some type of rivet/stud. Has anyone successfully removed and re-attached this board.IMG_1157.JPGIMG_1158.JPG

Edited by echappe
wrong header

5 hours ago, echappe said:

You can see where the copper wire inset on the fibre board panel has fried. That looks like it is attached permanently with some type of rivet/stud.

The "copper wire insert" you refer to is called a "Trace".  Something shorted, check things out or it will "fry' again.  You can use a thin stranded wire to "jumper" over the burned out section.  The stud you refer to is the attachment stud for the instrument on the other side of the board.  When I lost my instrument ground, I ran a wire from the ground stud to the ground pin where the harness connector plugs in.  That keeps the hack limited to the instrument cluster without more wires running around the dash.  My fix was done in 1973 and has been working ok since.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.