• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basic sound system for my 2002

danco_

• 4 years later...
On 10/31/2016 at 10:20 AM, eurotrash said:

Here is a system I am working on for a customer.  Becker head unit, with BT/wired input capability, injected into the antenna input on the head unit,  and 4.1 speaker kit..

I am building the wiring from scratch and delivering it as a plug and play system. 

4.1withVintageHeadUnit.jpg

Eurotrash,

Do you still do setups?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 hour ago, John76 said:

There is a pigtail with connector on the Violet/White cable at the back of the hazard flasher button. This is for the radio power. 

No need to use a crimp-on.

Maybe different for Euro-RHD, but my Touring has a plug under the dash from fuse #6 for the radio (initiates from the ignition switch). Note pic of my ratty fuse sticker (has been replaced with a new one).

Fuse & Tyre Stickers - '74 Touring.JPG

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

2002 basic sound system?

I like that tune a lot, but like any song it gets tired playing just the same song on repeat on a long drive… so alternate tunes (tones?) is a requirement.

On shorter drives, it’s another story — listening to the Carb Symphonic (feat. X. Haust on bass) is more than sufficient. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Well I have recommended this before. Our sound environment in the 02' really....sucks. I didn't feel like spending a ton of $$$ trying to overcome that. 

I found a bluetooth connected system with hands free phone capability, USB charging option and no cuts, drilling, wires etc and nearly theft proof. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073BVWRSP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap! Loud enough to be heard and let me sing to Tom Petty, Bad Company or whoever I wish. Good enough to work for hands free phone calls  and plus,  it will charge my iPhone. Also I can take it with me and not worry about it getting stolen. 

Not uber Hi- Fi. But my ears at this age are only good for hearing the constant ringing from tinnitus. (Thank you Elvin Bishop,X and Boston concerts for doing that to my ears) 

Sits nicely on the Dash. With this one, I can add another if I wish to go even wider with the stereo. 

Oh yeah and its water resistant.....

Cheers! 

61NUXGHpvBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Edited by Vicleonardo1
add pic

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

3 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Nice!
Where did you put your battery?

Sorry, internet pic.

2 hours ago, John76 said:

I like the electric heater....just like a Tesla.

2002 Music System 1.jpg

Pretty sure that's a msd box

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I don’t really have much to offer on this topic except my own opinion. I have never been into listening to anything when I drive except the sound of the engine, exhaust, and wind. An original Blaupunkt and speaker is good enough for me. Holes in door panels and other visible speakers are not to my taste. I do have a Bluetooth speaker that I listen to from my cellphone if I feel like some music though. That’s the only option I have to offer.   I will be interested to see what you decide on though. Good luck. 

C5D672EB-84B6-434C-A068-E59FF6A5F92C.jpeg

• Like 1

In my 2002, i have an AquaVibe 4 channel bluetooth hidden system in the glove box. Works amazingly well.

https://magnadyne.com/aquavibe-avmd50bb-hide-a-way-waterproof-am-fm-bt-bluetooth-streaming-receiver/

In my 68Jag E type i have a 2 channel $20 blue tooth amplifier board and it also work quite well.

https://amzn.to/3wUV8R9

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

11 hours ago, 72pdx02 said:

I have never been into listening to anything when I drive except the sound of the engine, exhaust, and wind.

Me too!

Why  spend big bucks on a high-end sound system?  It's like putting a stereo on your lawn mower.

• Haha 2