• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocky Mtn High..

maharaja

VIN 2762647 was likely manufactured on October 10, 1972.  And it's the 18th 1973 U.S. model, assuming the first 1973 U.S. tii was VIN 2762630.

Yes, this is one of the nicest original round taillight tii's I've seen for sale.  In one of the great colors, to boot.

I'd wager the exterior, but not the engine and luggage compartments, has been re-painted -- there are no insulation pads on the underside of the hood (no evidence of any either) and the seams between front fenders and nosepiece have some non-factory overspray on them -- but this is also a well-represented and described car.

I hope it sells for a lot of money because it's a very good one in my eyes!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

This gorgeous car had a top bid of $23,005.  Appropriately, that bid did not reach the auction's reserve price.

I found this high bid to be surprisingly low, suggesting a "lull" in the '02 market.  I, personally, would have been disappointed to see this particular car sell for $23K, especially after seeing inferior examples sell for considerably more money during the last two years!

Regards,

Steve

2 hours ago, maharaja said:

....However the time of year didn't help and also the lack of undercarriage photos to support the visual appearance of the top side.

Yes, but I have to assume that anyone offering more than $5K for this car:

(a.) saw the car in person;

(b.) had a PPI performed; or -- at the barest minimum --

(c.) saw photos of the undercarriage.

And, who knows, maybe there are gaping holes underneath, explaining the low bids?  That's just hard to imagine given what I perceive as the honesty of the description, but admittedly possible.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv