• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got me another loaner ......

OriginalOwner

That's where the turn signal is SUPPOSED to be!  I still get mixed up at turns sometimes and end up turning my wipers on instead of the turn signal!

Enjoy!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

All roundies have turn signal levers on the right side of the steering column, as did a lot of European and Asian cars prior to 1974.  In that year, auto manufacturers worldwide agreed to standardize turn signal levers on the left side of the steering column, regardless of whether the car was left or right hand drive.  It just happened to coincide with the changeover from roundie to squarelights in the 02 model line.  

Those look like Campagnolo wheels on the loaner.  And a Sahara '72.  Nice.  Looks like an original CA blue plate too.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

6 hours ago, jscaptura1 said:

That's where the turn signal is SUPPOSED to be!  I still get mixed up at turns sometimes and end up turning my wipers on instead of the turn signal!

Agree 100 percent - especially when the wipers come to life....

Edited by bmdubl02

75 2002 (atlantik) 1990 - 1993

73 2002 tii (malaga) 1994 - 2017

74 2002 tii (verona) 2023 - present

The ride on this '73tii is very stiff.  And it has 185/70R13 tires, whereas I'm used to the normal 165/80R13.  I drove home via Carbon Canyon and, as expected, the ride was effortless.

VIN is 2760970, and RealOEM isn't telling me month/yr of manufacture.  No way to know if it is an original CA blue plate.

Someone installed a 3rd stoplight in the rear window.  Note also the passenger door mirror.

It looked just fine this morning in the Walmart parking lot.

Cheers,

Carl