• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 blade fan vs 5 blade

Naz

My 2000ti came with a 4 blade fan rather than the 5 blade I've seen in every 2002. I never knew there was such a thing as a 4 blade fan?

Any benefit changing it to a 5 blade? In the past I've always has issues with my 2002's running hot and hated to sit in traffic. I don't want to be staring at the temp gauge when I drive around.

I feel as though the aftermarket electric fan is almost a necessity. How have others overcome the overheating without adding electric fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naz, I believe that the 5 blade fan makes a significant difference. I've switched both 2002's, and four-door NK cars to the 5 blade and they run cooler. It is one upgrade that I always perform. If you wanted more power you could run an electronic fan with thermostat on/ off device, and probably get an extra 10 hp. Keep up the good work on the car, and please give us pictures. We love pictures.

Best regards, Peter

DSCN8484.JPG

DSCN8559.JPG

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Thanks for the input Peter. I may just put a 5 blade fan in. I like the look of the red fan. If the antifreeze to water ratio is done correctly I don't think the electric fan is necessary but it certainly isn't out of the question. I still have the original radiator that will be going back in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea with the electric fan is to forgo the Mechanical fan on the front of the engine, thereby increasing horsepower by not beating the atmosphere with the Mechanical fan. If you are going for originality, the five blade fan works better (than the four blade fan )and will do the job perfectly well, especially in Canada. I like the Mechanical fan, because the electrical fan is just one more complex system which can fail.

Keep up the good work, sincerely, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

• 3 weeks later...