• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your garage/work space

dasfrogger

11 minutes ago, Kidasters said:

Good eye - but it's a 1966 Mercurio 175 - cousin to the Metralla.  I tried to get a metralla, and failed.  I also tried to get a metralla kit america replica, and failed there too.   The mercurio has sat there idle for a number of years.  I probably need to get back on fixing it.  It's a really pretty bike.

Ah!  Here I thought it was just a very early 'tralla, my bad!   (Don't think I've seen a mercurio stateside yet, super cool.)

Pretty rare to see 'road ready' Bultacos here--makes me smile to see one bubble up on the 02 FAQ.  

I lucked into a Metralla2 myself a few years back...  that one spilled as overflow into the livingroom amidst the tides of iron in and out from the garage.  Really should move it back and get it running again...  but as the lady says, well, "it matches the diningroom table."  

Fortunately they're fairly tiny, as well as rather pretty to look at! 

Really trying to keep it original.  Again.

"Speed provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley

47 minutes ago, Kidasters said:

Good eye - but it's a 1966 Mercurio 175 - cousin to the Metralla.  I tried to get a metralla, and failed.  I also tried to get a metralla kit america replica, and failed there too.

The mercurio has sat there idle for a number of years.  I probably need to get back on fixing it.  It's a really pretty bike.

Ken, you can add a basement there I think :D

The Mercurio has sat idle?  Are you having some sort of... contest?

:P

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

59 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Ken, you can add a basement there I think :D

The Mercurio has sat idle?  Are you having some sort of... contest?

:P

Cheers,

Nope - you dig a hole in Houston, it fills with water.....

Ha.  Yes.  How much non-running krap can I fit in a garage at one time.

Birdhouse - yeah, I thought about bringing it into the house as "art", but I know Mama would not find it artful.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:59 PM, Preyupy said:

Things have gotten a bit out of hand. This all started in my garage at home 30 years ago. Most I do at home any more is put the snow tires on and off. I'm getting too old to crawl around on the floor with no air tools, hoist or machine shop. 

IMG_2836.JPG

After trying to reply this three times and then deleting i realize that i am just speechless!!!! Wow! is the only thing that comes to mind!!!!WOW

On 12/16/2016 at 0:59 PM, Preyupy said:

Things have gotten a bit out of hand. This all started in my garage at home 30 years ago. Most I do at home any more is put the snow tires on and off. I'm getting too old to crawl around on the floor with no air tools, hoist or machine shop. 

IMG_2836.JPG

Is that a Benetton Racing F1 nose, I see poking out? How did you procure that? Friend of Alex Wurz :P

You might notice in my photo above, I have the next best thing in my garage an old team poster and flag (top left), but from the Schumi days.

sweet stuff!

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

It is a 1998 Benetton F1.  I don't believe Wurtz ever drove it ( maybe in testing but not in a race) we have had it about a month. The light green car in the back room is Innes Ireland's 1963 BRP F1 ( 1.5 liter BRM V8). The Ferrari Daytona is the car Brock Yates & Dan Gurney drove in the November 1971 Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash.  

Edited by Preyupy

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

1 hour ago, brbrian73 said:

That beautiful F1 car may have been driven by Giancarlo Fisichella.

Fisico was their number 1 driver (car #5). If I'm not mistaken number were assigned according to the team previous year's performance and the lower number was given to the teams "number 1" driver.

I was a Fisichella fan and used to attend all the MTL Grand Prix in the late 90s early 2000s.

Benetton racing is actually the reason behind my username :P

12 minutes ago, Preyupy said:

It is a 1998 Benetton F1.  I don't believe Wurtz ever drove it ( maybe in testing but not in a race) we have had it about a month. 

Well, it's pretty sweet... I don't remember much about Wurz, I remember he was pretty tall :P  and a solid driver. i think he pulled off some great finishes early on in his career and attracted some good attention.

ok, sorry to hijack, I just find it cool and will need to come visit soon :P

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

• 2 months later...