• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Recaro model are these seats?

williamggruff

Any insights will be appreciated. 

Despite several hours of searching he internet at large, I've been unable to find these exact seats in any image. They look like Classics, but don't have any electric functions. 

IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

IMG_4223.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

To say it clear and at the beginning: I´m not 100% sure.

But according to the straps and not a "Pirelli-Matte" on the bottom part and the form of the adjustment wheel for the backrest it should be older than CT or Classic. As it has a standard headrest, I wouldn´t think it is an Orthopedic. I´d call it an Idealsitz C from the early 80s.

Can´t explain why it doesn´t have electrics though - they were standard on the Cs from 81 on according to my price lists. Maybe it was a special offer in order to be able to sell it a bit cheaper somewhen back in the times (prices for the fully equipped Cs were about twice as high as for the more common Idealsitz N and LS - and also those weren´t exactly cheap). Or it was a special order which was possible to some extent.

Best regards, Lars.

Edited by LarsAlpina

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

3 hours ago, LarsAlpina said:

To say it clear and at the beginning: I´m not 100% sure.

But according to the straps and not a "Pirelli-Matte" on the bottom part and the form of the adjustment wheel for the backrest it should be older than CT or Classic. As it has a standard headrest, I wouldn´t think it is an Orthopedic. I´d call it an Idealsitz C from the early 80s.

Can´t explain why it doesn´t have electrics though - they were standard on the Cs from 81 on according to my price lists. Maybe it was a special offer in order to be able to sell it a bit cheaper somewhen back in the times (prices for the fully equipped Cs were about twice as high as for the more common Idealsitz N and LS - and also those weren´t exactly cheap). Or it was a special order which was possible to some extent.

Best regards, Lars.

Very helpful, Lars, as always!

Could it have been a version offered by a car manufacturer as a factory option?  That might explain why it doesn't exactly match any "off-the-shelf" models.  My impression -- NOT founded in actual knowledge! -- is that European car manufacturers offered "factory" Recaro and Scheel seat options far more often in the European market than in the U.S. market.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I sold these bad boys in the 70s.....

never heard of the word CLASSICS to describe them

the electric models were the C seat.........I never actually sold any w/ elec delete tho..........bulky bulky seat....nice in a big  bimmer or benz...or SUV...lol.....

for an 02?......I dont think so

BTW

Lars.....you are a wonderful addition to this group

Edited by jrkoupe