• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My old car-Polaris/Navy '73 tii FS, NM/NA

1936spyder

Just happened to be on eBay and came across the last '02 I owned about 10 yrs ago. Looks like it was repainted and had some trim replaced. If anyone's looking at it and has questions, I can certainly provide info regarding my time of ownership.

FYI what I did while I owned it:

-exhaust from manifold back replaced: stock downpipe by Ansa, Bosal midpipe and Supersprint rear

-new coil, wires, S14 starter, alternator, battery

-Rota RB's (group buy through Chris Padagas 10 yrs ago when they were trendy)

-E21 Recaros from Dave Varco recovered in German vinyl

-Coco mats from Bav Auto (they've faded though)

-Clean original uncut door cards from John Barlow

-perfect original rear qtr upholstery cards from a faq member

-new discs, pads, shoes

-new Euro turns purchased from 02salvage

The PO had supposedly rebuilt the engine (but no documentation), installed SS brake lines, repainted it Polaris (originally Chamonix), replaced carpet with black one (since replaced with correct salt/pepper) and installed some stiffer coils. It also had the nose replaced and the snorkel hole filled to make it look like a tii nose, as well as the trunk floor replaced with a '74-'76 piece. Rear panel seams were filled at that point too (looks like they didn't change that w/the repaint) and the red ctr tail light lens are still on the car, as I bought it (obviously incorrect). That's about all I remember... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-2002-BMW-2002tii-/192054825680?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2cb75c12d0:g:~CsAAOSwux5YUvxZ&item=192054825680

Wends

Edited by 1936spyder
added info

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

"Reserve not met" at $22,605....  The listing had a Buy It Now price when the auction first opened.  I can't recall precisely but it was something like $34K.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

9 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

Just happened to be on eBay and came across the last '02 I owned about 10 yrs ago. Looks like it was repainted and had some trim replaced. If anyone's looking at it and has questions, I can certainly provide info regarding my time of ownership.

FYI what I did while I owned it:

-exhaust from manifold back replaced: stock downpipe by Ansa, Bosal midpipe and Supersprint rear

-new coil, wires, S14 starter, alternator, battery

-Rota RB's (group buy through Chris Padagas 10 yrs ago when they were trendy)

-E21 Recaros from Dave Varco recovered in German vinyl

-Coco mats from Bav Auto (they've faded though)

-Clean original uncut door cards from John Barlow

-perfect original rear qtr upholstery cards from a faq member

-new discs, pads, shoes

-new Euro turns purchased from 02salvage

The PO had supposedly rebuilt the engine (but no documentation), installed SS brake lines, repainted it Polaris (originally Chamonix), replaced carpet with black one (since replaced with correct salt/pepper) and installed some stiffer coils. It also had the nose replaced and the snorkel hole filled to make it look like a tii nose, as well as the trunk floor replaced with a '74-'76 piece. Rear panel seams were filled at that point too (looks like they didn't change that w/the repaint) and the red ctr tail light lens are still on the car, as I bought it (obviously incorrect). That's about all I remember... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-2002-BMW-2002tii-/192054825680?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2cb75c12d0:g:~CsAAOSwux5YUvxZ&item=192054825680

Wends

Thanks for the info on this car.  Just curious.....would a PPI have revealed this information (nose replacement...snorkel hole filled... later trunk floor replacement)

Recaros look great but I do prefer the real deal

Russ

Edited by Russkcpa

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

6 hours ago, Russkcpa said:

....would a PPI have revealed this information (nose replacement...snorkel hole filled... later trunk floor replacement)....

No way, unless those repairs were ineptedly done!  Two excellent body shops couldn't detect that my '76's nosepiece was replaced in 1978...

And that's why I say a LOT of history gets lost with each change in ownership.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

The price might seem low, but again, it's originally a Chamonix/Navy car w/some sub-par bodywork (that's primarily why I sold it). It IS #'s matching and DID drive nicely and I DID add some popular mods, but unless the PO rectified the body/paint, then the buy it now price is a bit high, even in this market IMHO.

As per the snorkel nose being filled to look like a tii non-snorkel, it was not done well and was evident to me or anyone remotely knowledgeable about these cars. I'm certainly not trying to rail on the car or seller, just offering my knowledge/observations of the car from when I owned it. 

Danco...my unicorn tii would either be Ceylon, Taiga or Turkis. Silver does look tremendous on these cars, but there are just too many late-model silver cars out there (especially of the German variety), IMHO.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

3 hours ago, Conserv said:

No way, unless those repairs were ineptedly done!  Two excellent body shops couldn't detect that my '76's nosepiece was replaced in 1978...

And that's why I say a LOT of history gets lost with each change in ownership.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve

I honestly think it would be worth while for any prospective buyer to post pictures on FAQ for opinions. As we all know some PPI's are worthless. 

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

6 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

The price might seem low, but again, it's originally a Chamonix/Navy car w/some sub-par bodywork (that's primarily why I sold it). It IS #'s matching and DID drive nicely and I DID add some popular mods, but unless the PO rectified the body/paint, then the buy it now price is a bit high, even in this market IMHO.

As per the snorkel nose being filled to look like a tii non-snorkel, it was not done well and was evident to me or anyone remotely knowledgeable about these cars. I'm certainly not trying to rail on the car or seller, just offering my knowledge/observations of the car from when I owned it. 

Danco...my unicorn tii would either be Ceylon, Taiga or Turkis. Silver does look tremendous on these cars, but there are just too many late-model silver cars out there (especially of the German variety), IMHO.

I have first rights to a taiga tii in Sacramento right now. I secretly love it too. 

I have been visiting the owner a few times a year and seducing him with natural honey, a 5 speed swap, and other little trinkets. I finally received verbal confirmation that it will be mine when he's ready to sell. So yeah, I'll have a taiga tii at some point. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

1 hour ago, danco_ said:

I have first rights to a taiga tii in Sacramento right now. I secretly love it too. 

I have been visiting the owner a few times a year and seducing him with natural honey, a 5 speed swap, and other little trinkets. I finally received verbal confirmation that it will be mine when he's ready to sell. So yeah, I'll have a taiga tii at some point. 

So jelly

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

1 hour ago, danco_ said:

Let me get this straight, Ryan:

You facilitated a 5-speed swap for this Taiga tii so that it would have a 5-speed FOR YOU?  But the current owner thinks the 5-speed swap was for HIM and is truly appreciative of your efforts?  ?

Hmmm....

Best regards,

Steve

Just now, Conserv said:

Let me get this straight, Ryan:

You facilitated a 5-speed swap for this Taiga tii so that it would have a 5-speed FOR YOU?  But the current owner thinks the 5-speed swap was for HIM and is truly appreciative of your efforts?  ?

Hmmm....

Best regards,

Steve

Plant the seed, water the plant, harvest your yield.

Am I doing it wrong? 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

8 minutes ago, danco_ said:

Plant the seed, water the plant, harvest your yield.

Am I doing it wrong? 

And perhaps he'd be even happier if HIS tii had a set of 185/70VR13 Michelin XDX tires mounted on Campy's and was driven a bit less....

Edited by Conserv