• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Pressure Gauge

gallian93

Try a fuel pressue test kit rental at your auto parts store.  the big box parts stores will rent one for a couple of days, you can then return and get $$ back (or if you really like it keep it and it's paid for).   anywho, a test guage made for the specific purpose will work better, has all the necessary plug in hoses and connections and will give better test results than an off the shelf, "high performance" guage which you would need to plumb to make it work.

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

15 hours ago, 71bmr02 said:

Try a fuel pressue test kit rental at your auto parts store.  the big box parts stores will rent one for a couple of days, you can then return and get $$ back (or if you really like it keep it and it's paid for).   anywho, a test guage made for the specific purpose will work better, has all the necessary plug in hoses and connections and will give better test results than an off the shelf, "high performance" guage which you would need to plumb to make it work.

I hadn't even thought of that... i'll call the local autozone, may as well rent a cylinder compression test kit while i am at it :) Thanks for the tip!