• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002tii with Sunroof

Observation Drive

Price: $12800

Description:
This 1974 BMW 2002tii is a modified example that was refurbished in 1990 and received a BMW factory-remanufactured 2.0 inline-four in 1999. The engine was installed by Tom Cleave of AutoBahn, a certified BMW mechanic in Marina Del Rey, CA. Larger E21 brakes have been added up front, and the suspension benefits from Bilstein shocks and aftermarket springs. The exterior has been refinished in a custom grey and E30 aluminum wheels have been added. FloFit front seats are installed and the rear bench-seat and headliner have been reupholstered. It is now being offered with service records from 1995 to present with a clean California title.

Originally finished in Malaga, this 2002tii has been in California for the past 25 years. The color was changed to a custom grey during the refurbishment in 1990. Later model 14″ E30 wheels have been fitted and 320i brakes have been installed up front. Suspension has been modified with aftermarket coil springs and Bilstein shocks. Less than 4,000 miles ago the brake pads, rotors and drive-shaft coupling were replaced. Locking gas cap.

Some damage is present on the passenger side quarter and rear bumper due to a parking incident. Some warping can be seen above the wheel-arch and is highlighted  in the gallery. This was a low speed (5 mph) parking accident that occurred while parallel parking. The passenger side bumper caught the driver side bumper of the rear car while backing up. No high speed collisions have occurred during the ownership of the cart from 1995 to present.

The FloFit seats exhibit some tearing and sheepskin covers are included with the sale. A Pioneer head-unit has been installed and four subwoofers are mounted beneath the seats are powered by an aftermarket amplifier located the trunk. There are 10 speakers total by Boston Acoustic. Seen above the head-unit, aftermarket gauges for monitoring oil pressure and temperature are mounted in the center console. The headliner was recently reupholstered and the backseat was reupholstered in 1990. The odometer currently shows 42k miles.

In 1999, a remanufactured M10 2.0 liter motor was purchased from BMW at a cost of $5,533. The Kugelfisher injection system remains installed and maintenance performed within the past 2,000 miles includes an injection pump rebuild, new fuel filter, distributor cap, ignition rotor, and Bosch coil. An ArtSpeed strut brace has been installed up front. Synthetic oil has been used throughout the ownership with all maintenance performed on a regular basis.

An original owner’s manual, BMW workshop manual, sun-shield, spare door-stop and other miscellaneous parts are included with the sale. 

Thank you for looking.

_DSC1421.jpg

_DSC1429.jpg

_DSC1434.jpg

_DSC1435.jpg

_DSC1437.jpg

_DSC1438.jpg

_DSC1449.jpg

_DSC1450.jpg

_DSC1453.jpg

_DSC1455.jpg

_DSC1456.jpg

2002tii 1.JPG

2002tii 2.JPG

2002tii 5.JPG

2002tii 6.JPG

2002tii 7.JPG

2002tii 8.JPG

2002tii-1.jpg

2002tii-2.jpg

2002tii-5.jpg

2002tii-6.jpg

2002tii-7.jpg

2002tii-8.jpg

passenger side 2.JPG

passenger side 1.JPG

seats-1.jpg

seats-2.jpg

Edited by Observation Drive
Update pricing and add images

11 hours ago, Robert A Olmedo said:

I've seen this car on Craigslist in CA with the right quarter panel damage. Was it fixed or did you just forget to mention it?

The pictures are not current, they are the same ones the Seller used when it was on Ebay in April this year.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Thanks for your interest Robert. The listing does state the right quarter panel damage: "The car has a slight bend in the rear quarter panel of the passenger side. Other than that the body is in great condition."

02 Les, good point on the photos, I can take some new ones. The car has not changed since those were shot earlier this year. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Observation Drive

On 12/30/2016 at 8:26 PM, GoFaSSter said:

It just seems like the pics were taken intentionally to not show the rear quarter panel. It makes good sense to remove any doubt and add a picture of the damaged area

I agree GoFaSSter. It is not my intention to hide the rear quarter panel Please see attached images that show more detail. The way this happened is that I was backing up and my rear bumper pushed into a parked car on the passenger's side. It was not at a high speed, but unfortunately cause the passenger's quarter panel to bulge out as shown in the attached photos.

Thanks for looking!

bulge, passenger side 1.JPG

bulge, passenger side 2.JPG

My car had similar damage when I purchased it. I put the area under tension by attaching a come along to the back and used a rubber hammer to mold it back into position. My car needed paint so I was not concerned about any paint shipping. Looks pretty minor and should be able to be repaired rather easily. Good luck on the sale, it looks like an awesome car.

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I live right here in Northridge. Also located in the San Fernando valley. Hey neighbor!  Well I think you should just go and get the damaged quarter panel fixed.  Your return will be well worth the time and money spent to make your tii perfect again.  And take new photos. And a great place is Balboa lake/park very scenic. Im sure you know where that is.

good Luck.