• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with OEM Side Mirrors

Driv3r

7 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Hmm- price is the same.

Yes I don't know why they have different part numbers. I need to order a pair but they only sell the LHD part numbers. I've got a used pair and they look identical to what I see in advertised photos under LHD part numbers so I'm totally confused. It could be the mirror dept perception, shade or angle on driver side?

Edited by Driv3r

36 minutes ago, esty said:

i might be wrong but wasn't the o2 equipped with only a driver side mirror, passenger was an option or dealer add on...

flag mirrors are side specific...maybe that's why they are advertised as RH & LH

My 71 only has the drivers side mirror.

According to the parts book......

#076 is shown as right mirror for Sweden only. Maybe because Sweden changed from driving on the left side of the road to the right.......but this happened in 1967!!

#793 is shown as right mirror for RHD Euro

#794 is shown as left mirror for LHD Euro & USA

#529 is shown as left mirror for RHD Euro

793 & 794 is opposite to what your Seller's site says, but would be a pair.

529 is (probably) the same as 794 but given a different part# to suit RHD cars. JMHO.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Thank you all, I'll just go ahead and order it. Cheers

Update

Just bought a new pair of oem flag mirrors for 187€ inc shipping from Germany. I thought that's cheaper than whats indicated on catalogue sites. 

Edited by Driv3r

Update:

I received the new flag mirrors from Germany. They're made in best quality I've seen. I noticed there are no bmw logo or any kind of text or stamp. I Realised that despite what I assumed before buying, these are not NOS oem mirrors. Nevertheless they are even better quality than the oem.

Anyone else has any experience with these mirrors or know where they're made in? Can't be Chinese, these are too good.

0815e3ac1738b5382104c658d8f0a4a5.jpg

All of the BMW mirrors I have are marked with some text and/or numbers on the metal section on the back of the housing (above the drain holes)  and/or on the bottom of the mounting base.  Fresche was one of the manufacturers.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif