• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AU & UK Tii differences?

alixta

Strange that BMW don't record it as delivered to Switzerland. How about it was bought specifically to private import by the owner? BMW record it as delivered to Australia but was actually handed over in Germany and basically driven back to Australia (well, driven around Europe and then probably shoved on a ship).

perhaps this is why you have the vague description of where it was delivered to i.e. They new it was being exported but, without a reference to the Australian dealer they didn't record where. 

If only it could talk!

Edited by Simeon

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

On 11/05/2017 at 8:07 PM, alixta said:

Interestingly based on my car's sale invoice it was sold by (& assumably delivered to) BMW Concessionaires G.B. Limited, yet that was not included on the info from BMW archives.

Also assuming as it was sold by the export division it didn't stay in the UK all that long?c2af5ad55d522bcf17e1c3038f23505d.jpg

Kinda tight buying one headrest but a 5 speed and LSD. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

On January 13, 2017 at 4:29 PM, rapandi said:

The BMW 2002 tii rhd VIN 2751344 was manufactured on December 18th, 1972 and delivered on the same day to the importer BMW Concessionaires G.B. Ltd. in Portslade/Brighton/Sussex. 

So did BMW have a manufacturing plant in GB or did they just run it under the Chunnel?