• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 1800 TISA

tisalover

• Alpina

I’m gonna say it’s a Re-bodied car. Or at least it had a nose job.

The nose stamped Vin is definitely not a factory job. Missing the stamped outer roundels. And all the early cars had the Vins stamped on a jig keeping them very straight. 

also the Vin plate it’s a bit fishy 

Compare this 3 early vins to the RM One and you’ll see the differences very easily. 
the downward angle of the punch, how the metal got dented and the skewed appearance of the numbers…..

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8192.jpeg

IMG_8195.png

• Like 2

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

Yeah, obviously it's had a new front panel, but how many have survived without rot or a front end accident requiring a replacement (when they were readily available)? I cut out my original stamp and riveted it to the replacement panel, much more honest than some dodgy home-stamping.

Everything else looks just about spot on - I have no idea when the actual cut off was for the early inner rear arches, but this has the later ones, which arrived sometime in '66. My June '65 has the early ones. But at the moment we don't know this cars build date or even the year.

The info suggests it has a different engine number though, which is a shame.

Great car nonetheless.

• Like 1

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

It will be interesting to see how forthcoming the full auction description is about the restoration and origins of the car. The treatment of the nose panel and VIN plate makes me wary, though.

Replacement engine is a bummer, but again, not uncommon. The real bummer is the 15% buyer's fee!

I agree, the VIN plate doesn't look right - should be riveted directly into the body. 

What's with the ugly round "extra" taillight below the factory taillight fixture?

Otherwise a rather well done "tribute" version

jim  (995182     ~1969- ~1985

Here is a thread about the car from a Swedish BMW forum. You will-- probably-- need Google Translate. One of the previous owners of the car talks about who he bought it from and who he sold it to (the Germans who are apparently selling it now). It was restored before he bought it, maybe in the early to mid 90s. It seems to be authentic-- one of the 4 TiSa's imported into Sweden-- but with a new front end and maybe other body panels from the 90s restoration. According to the thread, its replacement engine is from on of the other 4 Swedish TiSa's.

https://www.autopower.se/forum/topic.asp?id=69626&sida=1

• Like 1

Yes, this is in fact the Swedish TISA. Other than little things like the incorrectly, recovered seats, wrong mirror,/4 slat grill, bolts instead of lug nuts for the wheels. It looks like a very nice car. Be interesting to see what it brings. Largely a pretty loving restoration if only they had use the correct sky, black skai seatupholstery, also the door panels should have black on them as well. But it is the real deal. And a very tidy car all in all. Thanks for posting it, I'll be interesting to see what happens.

Peter

• Thanks 1

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

7 hours ago, jim silva said:

What's with the ugly round "extra" taillight below the factory taillight fixture?

Otherwise a rather well done "tribute" version

jim  (995182     ~1969- ~1985

Standard extra reflector for swedish regulations

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I feel like every TiSa I've seen has maroon and black skai interior-- were there other color combinations? In other words, is the gray fabric on this car incorrect in general, or is just the specific gray fabric used that is incorrect?

Nick, do you mean the rear shock towers? Those are the correct early type. 
Regarding the seats, you could order the Tisa buckets for your standart NK in red/black vinyl and red vinyl/grey cloth. 
I think the seats are original. It‘s easy to tell if they‘ve been redone. 

To me the VIN plate underlay is not a big deal. The plate itself looks right to me. The age/wear it shows would be hard to replicate.  As is the restamped front panel. Just about every NK has had the front panel replaced…

IMG_1857.jpeg

Edited by 66m10
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 66m10 said:

Nick, do you mean the rear shock towers? Those are the correct early type. 
Regarding the seats, you could order the Tisa buckets for your standart NK in red/black vinyl and red vinyl/grey cloth. 
I think the seats are original. It‘s easy to tell if they‘ve been redone. 

IMG_1857.jpeg

What brochure is that photo page from?

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

What I'd like to know is if it received just a new nose, or if many body panels were replaced, or if an entirely new body was used. The way the VIN tag was re-applied seems to hint that it could have been transferred from another body. In the discussion on the Swedish forum, the previous owner said it had received a new 'toppen' from another TiSa. This literally translates to 'top'. Seems strange it would need a new top-- I'm not sure if 'toppen' could be slang for a new body.

Well, the rear arches look unwelded but the seams on the tail panel underneath the taillights have been filled.

These cars were driven at and above the limit. Seems likely that i was wrecked. See 995013 from Rick Meinig. Rolled in Sebring in 1967 and repaired

Edited by 66m10