• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 1800 TISA

tisalover

2 hours ago, 66m10 said:

Nick, do you mean the rear shock towers? Those are the correct early type. 

My bad - just compared to mine and you're absolutely right. Not sure I've ever seen the early type with the plastic covers, which are a different molding to the later type.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Very interesting! The pictures of Tisa seats with gray Upholstery in the catalog are new to me. I have never seen a set in my life, and I've been looking at every TISA I could over the years. So maybe this is a very rare bird. All the ones I've ever seen had maroon and black Upholstery. forgive my cocksure egomaniacal  opinion. 🤔

It's probably better to never deal in absolutes.

Best regards, Peter.

• Haha 1

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

• 2 weeks later...

I just wrapped up a wonderful weekend at the Goodwood revival in England. There was a white car there which they stated was a  TISA. It did not have a Vin code badge on it, or any stamping on the inside nose/front end. No. definitive interior or other TISA parts, were on it that I could see on cursory inspection. So it's a little bit of a mystery. There was another car on track, also reportedly a TISA, which had blue wheels and ran very fast and smoothly. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the pits. I had hoped to take pictures of both of cars numbers to help with our catalog/understanding of existing true cars. But it was very cool to see a four-door NK running smoothly and beautifully. It was no match for the Alpha Romeo GTA's, and the lotus Cortinas are so shockingly fast this weekend that they came in second place after a giant motor Ford galaxy 500 and A superfast Alpha Romeo GTA. Overall, A weekend of stunningly spectacular Racing. 

All the best. Sincerely Peter.

• Like 1

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

12 hours ago, tisalover said:

I just wrapped up a wonderful weekend at the Goodwood revival in England. There was a white car there which they stated was a  TISA. It did not have a Vin code badge on it, or any stamping on the inside nose/front end. No. definitive interior or other TISA parts, were on it that I could see on cursory inspection. So it's a little bit of a mystery. There was another car on track, also reportedly a TISA, which had blue wheels and ran very fast and smoothly. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the pits. I had hoped to take pictures of both of cars numbers to help with our catalog/understanding of existing true cars. But it was very cool to see a four-door NK running smoothly and beautifully. It was no match for the Alpha Romeo GTA's, and the lotus Cortinas are so shockingly fast this weekend that they came in second place after a giant motor Ford galaxy 500 and A superfast Alpha Romeo GTA. Overall, A weekend of stunningly spectacular Racing. 

All the best. Sincerely Peter.

as mentioned in the other thread that car started as a stock 1800 fondly known as Pixie due to the registration number. Whether they used said car to reshell an original TiSA I couldn't say. Pixie was previously owned by Paul Hill, well known in NK circles in the UK.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg