• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's the car

Datsuntravis

Aright guys, you've all been a huge help so far and I appreciate it a lot.  I have found this community to be super supportive and helpful in my adolescence to BMW owner ship.  I've always been a Datsun guy, but now I'm not so sure... here she is.  76 garnet red metallic.  No rust at all on floors or strut towers or battery tray.  Drivers door will probably be replaced, I think I can fix the hood, and I've got a new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder on the way.  Runs good, had a Weber that needs tuning.  I just picked up the seats in Memphis (it had some cheap racing seats in it before) and installed them.  I think they are from an earlier car, but they are beautiful. 

Also pulled the Momo steering wheel off in favor of a factory wheel.

Any advice on Weber 32/36 tuning, and timing, are much appreciated.  This will be a fun project and I look forward to it.  It will be getting repainted it's original color with some very mild period correct modifications.

IMG_2655.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

3 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Looks like it was repainted in Verona at some point, Granatrot is a very cool color, used on late 2002's and early BMW 320i's.  It would look sweet in its original paint.

Welcome,

Mark92131

phillipmewgranatrot76.JPG

Yes, it's going back to it.  I love those wheels 

Thanks all!  I'm having a hard time getting the back seats to sit into the metal clips like they should.  Did the seat belts in the later cars change the way the seats fit in or something?  Or are they just that tight if a fit? The backs are a little crunchy, but they look wonderful and I don't expect a lot of people will sit back there.  

There were two different ways that the seat base was fastened, I have had issues with a later seat base in an earlier car. This may have been exasperated by adding a lap belt in the center as well, so its difficult to get it in the right position. The back I did not have any issues with...the holes all lined up after catching the top correctly.

Good luck, looks like a good starting point.

Regards,

Andrew 

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight