• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master Cylinder - Will it fit

larryt

if I am not mistaken, that's for a LHD car. Not sure anyone is going to luck out and find an ATE RHD master for under a hundred quid.

Getting yours resleeved may be the best option unless you want to go with the scary priced Jaymic options.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

38 minutes ago, Simeon said:

if I am not mistaken, that's for a LHD car. Not sure anyone is going to luck out and find an ATE RHD master for under a hundred quid.

Getting yours resleeved may be the best option unless you want to go with the scary priced Jaymic options.

yeah i dont fancy paying that much for a new one, i have looked at a kit for refurbishing them, might give that a go at the same time as doing the clutch cylinder. 

thanks for the reply sir

38 minutes ago, 02Les said:

If you put that part # (34 31 1 113 656) into Maximillian's Site, it shows it as correct for both LHD & RHD........go figure.

this is the issue im having, i am seeeing it as it fits both, however people are telling me it doesnt fit the RHD. i trust the knowledge of other 02'ers more than that of a website that has no hands on knowledge.

anyway the company i bought it from are refusing to refund me the money, i guess i better try and sell it elswhere :(

As Simeon said, the one on Ebay is a LHD cyl. The Seller's location is France & what would they know for what's required in the UK!

Below are pics of my Touring's RHD one and my '76's LHD one. Not even close to the same. The flange on a RHD one is at 45deg to the ports, not 90.

Maybe the innards are the same, if so, it won't be a complete loss.

DSCN2641crsm.thumb.JPG.b5cdcb8f61abe021b18d3fd0e2070ad6.JPGDSCN2642sm.JPG.93fba172d31f2c753c922fd99a26109c.JPG 

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Nope, they are a different size. Pretty sure the bore is smaller with a longer travel on the RHD. 

What happened to 'Returns Accepted'?

IMG_0962.PNG

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

58 minutes ago, Simeon said:

Probably won't get any help but raise a complaint with eBay. Might make them think twice about offering dud info. 

a great news update:

have spoken with ebay and paypal, they are in agreement that the item was "mis-sold" and that i should be entitled to a full refund. 

even thought i am out of my return period, paypal offer a 180day coverage on stuff like this. 

if the seller doesnt respond with an adequate response by the 28th of feb, im getting a full refund :D

*Spice World!*