• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value on E21 Sport Seats

maharaja

56 minutes ago, LLCoolJQ said:

Fwiw, i got E21 in very good condition for $750 sometime sept

That is a very good deal, those look great.  Below is my opinion on the average pricing for E21 seats.  Obviously there will be outliers, but hopefully it helps give you a decent picture.

$275-$600 used "core" seats. Includes tears, etc.  Bolster foam issues being nearer the bottom.

$600-$800 moderately used "driver" seats (no tears, seam splits)

$950-$2000 Newly professionally reupholstered (higher end for leather, etc.)

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/2/2017 at 12:53 AM, AceAndrew said:

That is a very good deal, those look great.  Below is my opinion on the average pricing for E21 seats.  Obviously there will be outliers, but hopefully it helps give you a decent picture.

$275-$600 used "core" seats. Includes tears, etc.  Bolster foam issues being nearer the bottom.

$600-$800 moderately used "driver" seats (no tears, seam splits)

$950-$2000 Newly professionally reupholstered (higher end for leather, etc.)

That tracks with what I was finding when doing my Sport Seats.  In Canada, it is easily $2500 to $3K for a rebuilt set of seats with new gas springs. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Recaros dependent on condition and model i would say $1000. to $2500. 

Most sellers are asking $1800. to $2600.

There are deals out there but if you want nice ones plan on spending $1800. to $2600.

The market is hot past few years. I paid $1200. for a redone pair three years ago. 

I would  not part with them for less then 2k. Still need to be installed in car. Life if funny.

I lust for a orange Spectrum pair at $2500. but keep tellin my self to just install the ones I have.

Facebook has a Recaro page that is active with some nice stuff and some deals.

Good Luck with your search. 

• 3 weeks later...

jp5Touring captured it fairly well.

Even if you wanted to diy it which is the route I took. A new set of covers are around $700-800 from lseat or ebay. Then you need misc hardware such as hog rings to clip it back together. You're going to want new webbing for the seat bases. You might need new knobs? Maybe something was missing or broken? I had a broken weld on my bolster that needed rewelding and I needed new foam. Factor in $100-500 for these misc costs depending on how much work you need. You're looking at around $800-$1300 without the cores.

$1800-$2600 is fair given the amount of work and reconditioning most of these seats need.

Njbhhja.jpg.7d525dabf9cedda765b500119e7aeceb.jpg

Edited by kmoy2002
  • Like 2

'73 2002tii Fjord Blue Metallic

88' M6 Royal Blue Metallic

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic

Picked these up in Dec 22 for $650, Installed replacement seat back levers, bezels and straps from Ardvark.

Everything works as it should, good foam, covers are a funny black/gray and some rash on driver outer seat bolster as usual.

Wouldn't consider parting with them now for under $1250 and I would have to be pretty motivated to do that.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

• 4 weeks later...