• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 hours ago, Jags Aldaba said:

if its not parts for sale related go cry somewhere else you little bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice use of the English language. I guess a carpet set is not in your future.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

i apologize for my language, just got carried away out of anger. the seller help me a lot on my build and I'm new to the bmw 2002 scene the seller is always straight about his for sale item thats his price is little bit high due to quality and high demand and advice to wait sometime for other people to post lower prices even indorse to me how good the carpet of etsy is and other sellers and sorry english is just 1 of 6 language i know. I just dont get it you guys just want to kick out a good seller on this forum. I'm new to this bmw scene but Really interesting
forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ray_ said:

And that's good, for you. I can understand that.

Maybe the question is: how many bad transactions does it take to tar a seller? One? Five? Ten? 

Cheers,

Hi Ray

To answer your question directly; For me, as a just member, it would just take one. I would not go back to a seller if i felt that he misrepresented an item or failed to deliver.

Although, I have only been on this forum for a couple of year, i have been buying and selling things forum for as long as they have been around. I have had both positive and negative experience on both ends of the transactions.

However, there is always an inherent risk of buying and selling used items on forums. Therefore the execution of common sense is incumbent on each of us.

Before my first interaction with this particular seller, i had to weigh all the negative and positive feedback about him and assess the risk. To be clear, I reread posts about bad transactions dating back several year. But in each of them i found positive response also. So I took a chance and assumed the risk.

It is clear from every post this seller makes, that some of the senior members on this forum, for whom i have a great deal of respect, have a distaste for this seller. I, probably like other "less senior" members, would not want to upset you by disagreeing with you,  as we rely on your expertise and vast knowledge.

But most forums do have specific rules about FS thread, specify about comments not having to do with the item (which i am clearly violating :) ). The FAQ does not seem to have that for this seller.

We also have admins that will answer the question you asked "How many bad transactions does it take to tar a seller?" which begs the obvious follow up "If this seller has burned so many people why is he not banned by the admins?" It part of what they are doing, "administrating" the forum. Why, if this seller has committed such heinous act of misconduct, are they not chiming in rather than other members trashing a FS thread?

Just my two cents.

Omer

Edited by gallian93

Hi Omer,

Well said, and I don't get upset when folks state their rational viewpoints ;-)

Steve K.. set up and runs this forum to be self-moderating. It's an interesting approach which works pretty well about 99% of the time IMO, and nothing's perfect. :)

Regarding bad transactions, if you dig a bit, you can check negative feedback on forum members on their profile page.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/profile/42205-denvertii/

Your last question, in my view, is answered by what I stated above. The part that I find interesting, and telling, is that the seller hasn't tried to defend any allegations.

I wonder why that would be. 

No I don't. ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

24 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Hi Omer,

Well said, and I don't get upset when folks state their rational viewpoints ;-)

Steve K.. set up and runs this forum to be self-moderating. It's an interesting approach which works pretty well about 99% of the time IMO, and nothing's perfect. :)

Regarding bad transactions, if you dig a bit, you can check negative feedback on forum members on their profile page.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/profile/42205-denvertii/

Your last question, in my view, is answered by what I stated above. The part that I find interesting, and telling, is that the seller hasn't tried to defend any allegations.

I wonder why that would be. 

No I don't. ;-)

Cheers,

Thanks Ray.

Good to know there are still people out there with whom one can have a gentleman's disagreement and there be no hard feeling :)

I have a tremendous respect for the folks, like yourself, on here who take time to keep these cars alive and would not what to get on your "wrong side" .

Sometimes i feel like a stalker because i have read your posts going back all the way to 2005.

Thanks

Omer

Edited by gallian93