• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of new OEM Nose clip for 71 2002

Dionk

My goals with for extending the life of my 2002 are in four phases.

Phase 1 get it running and braking is complete

Phase 2 get the suspension overhauled is now complete

Phase 3 (arguably the hardest) accumulate the body panels and sheet metal I need to cut out the cancer and to address some damage.

Phase 4 hone performance

I have just started to shop for all the body parts I think I need for phase 3 and have just found a new oem nose clip for sale. Mine has rust and was damaged in an minor accident. not allowing my grills to align and causing my fan to clip my radiator.

There are oem fenders and wheel wells in ct and a hood in nh and now a nose clip in ca. I have found a used nose clip as well but it's condition is questionable.

Thus my question - what should I be paying for a new early model oem nose clip?

Thanks

Dionkdd477ec6805232746244621f6420f69c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2017 at 9:26 AM, 02Les said:

Part # 41 33 1 835 659. Plug the number into your favourite supplier.

Cheapest I found was $1050.

Yes but...you'd best double check whether the nosepieces are actually available -- notwithstanding the presence of a price.  I thought the OEM round taillight nosepieces were NLA for many many years and the OEM square taillight nosepieces were NLA for at least ten years.  Walloth & Nesch, and maybe Jaymic as well, have recently stocked square taillight nosepieces, cut for Euro-spec bumpers.

Whether I'm right or wrong about current availability, I've seen NOS round taillight nosepieces trading in the $1,500 to $2,000 range.  And, right, that doesn't prove you can't buy a new one from BMW for $1,000!

If the OEM round taillight nosepieces have become available, once again, it's a huge victory for '02 restorers!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Steve,

Yes they may well be NLA. I'm finding, for my Touring rebuild, that many parts are shown with prices but when I try and order them they are either NLA or on a 10 year backorder. Frustrating to say the least. I guess BMW does not update part availability as often as it should.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 4/9/2017 at 10:36 AM, 02Les said:

Steve,

Yes they may well be NLA. I'm finding, for my Touring rebuild, that many parts are shown with prices but when I try and order them they are either NLA or on a 10 year backorder. Frustrating to say the least. I guess BMW does not update part availability as often as it should.

And, actually, Les, I suspect the nosepieces from BMW are on the 10-year backorder plan, as some people have been told "maybe 6 months from now"...

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks all. Appreciate the feedback. The only new Oem part that I have found, offered by private seller, is selling for 2250. Used seem to be around 550. And I have even seen parts cars for less then a thousand as well with good condition front ends still installed.

I think I have my answer to the original question. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk