• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoarder. Why the prices of our '02s keep going up.

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

On 4/27/2017 at 8:29 AM, '76mintgrun'02 said:

I try to differentiate between collector and hoarder.

Rey appears to me to be the former. :) 

Rey's collection is outstanding.

On the flip side....

Collector? Hoarder? Good Taste? 

Edited by kbmb02
-

7 hours ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

I try to differentiate between collector and hoarder.

Rey appears to me to be the former.  

I agree with you.  Many times a hoarder lets good stuff rot and when you ask about it>>> it's not for sale or I'm going to fix that one up one day.  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

18 minutes ago, jgerock said:

I agree with you.  Many times a hoarder lets good stuff rot and when you ask about it>>> it's not for sale or I'm going to fix that one up one day.  

I must be a Collechoarder then. I have been sitting on a euro 323 and several e21s but I keep buying 2002's and working on them instead. Not mention a few other non BMW's that just sit under cover. 

It's a problem anyway you slice it. 

faq32b.jpg

But what do I know

I was actually at his shop today as the end-point of the SoCal Vintage BMW OC Drive.  Didn't have my car on the drive, but was up from San Diego attending my son's soccer game.  Lots of beautiful cars on the drive, including a stunning 69 BMW 1600 Voll Cabriolet owned by David Schwartz.  I got to meet Rey, super nice guy, wonderful host and spent 45 minutes literally climbing through his collection.  So many nice cars and rare cars in various states of restoration.  One of my favorites was a very early, 6 volt, 1967 BMW 1600 in original Florida paint (engine picture), I would love to have that car.

Happy birthday Rey!

Mark92131

2017-04-29 12.19.55.jpg

2017-04-29 12.19.34.jpg

File Apr 29, 7 00 07 PM.jpeg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Good lord!  wow, that is some collection.  If I hit the lottery (several times over) it may start to make sense.   The problem is that you can only drive one at a time, and if you do a different one every day, by the time you are done the first one you started with would be a little stale. It would also mean that you would need a valet to get the one you needed for that day.

I am a humble person, I am so lucky to not to have to live in a war zone, have food and a family that loves me. Charity and generosity is something that I believe strongly in. Hopefully these will find another owner when the time comes, and portion of the proceeds put towards helping folks out that need it.

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Wow, look at that cool cylindrical air intake (summer/winter) box with the metal clips!  And it is plugged into a split snorkel.

I like the flat 'strap style' clips on the air cleaner as well.  (They are like the ones on early VW oil bath air cleaners).

Thanks for sharing Mark.  Sounds like an awesome day!