• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window regulator

So some bolt on the window mechanism broke and I'm getting stumped on where this level was attached too. I looked through my manual and multiple searches but maybe someone has a diagram or knows where it goes. In the second picture it is the piece with the empty hole. Thanks

IMG_5502.JPG

IMG_5504.JPG

There used to be (maybe it is still available) a Mercedes part that can be used to fix that. Do a forum search for window regulator and you should find it. There were some threads on it a bunch of years ago.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

Okay thanks! I looked at my other door and it goes behind the plate with the 3 screws by the hand crank. Idk if it is actually fixable or if I need a whole new window regulator, which I'll take a look now that I'm done working for the night. Thanks!!

Mike Self has a method for fixing that. I have also seen a method where a bolt head  is ground and a slot added for the spring. Just looked in my photos and only have a picture of the other side of that rivet. That's rectangular and secured in the hole by bending opposing corners. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

If the pin that retains the spring has sheared or worn out, drop me a PM--I did a column on how to repair that by modifying a steel bolt, which will last a lot longer than the original pot metal part...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 minutes ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

It looks like you need another one here 

590f951a6233e_regulatorpivot.JPG.4fd27cb8ef84fb5c8a76a462e148eb42.JPG

I am getting ready to install this one in my passenger door, so the window will finally roll all the way up.

002.thumb.JPG.b361069a417acf74946c065c18946cc7.JPG

Ahhh smart thinking! I'll have to do that

• 3 years later...