• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood bar delete? NE1 done this?

Anthony

Such as that!

Dude, you need a cold air intake- your intercooler's heating your intake charge!

It's like a preheater for your afterheater!

heh

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

Such as that!

Dude, you need a cold air intake- your intercooler's heating your intake charge!

It's like a preheater for your afterheater!

heh

t

I know, I know, I know... I have run out of room to run any more piping!!! That is next on the list Toby. I may actually remove the first intercooler all together to make room for the intake snorkel and for more airflow across the radiator.

Thanks

I jest-

I've been looking at underhood temps, and I knew less than nothing before.

Now I'm just confused...

I tried adding a turbo to a car once- I had no idea how much plumbing,

and packaging for plumbing, goes on in getting one stuffed in there.

One of these days, I'll go back to it, and see if I can do any better- I expect not.

heh

t

Edited by TobyB

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

No not jest, very astute! I am even thinking of putting an electric fan below the header just above the frame to pull all of the excess heat out of the engine compartment and keep air flowing. I am getting what I think is ok avg intake manifold temps of 100 defF. But in summer they will climb to almost 110-115, which is no bueno.

Still searching for Nirvana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, I know, I know... I have run out of room to run any more piping!!! That is next on the list Toby. I may actually remove the first intercooler all together to make room for the intake snorkel and for more airflow across the radiator.

Thanks

That's cute! Try fitting header, dump pipe and turbo to a RHD car! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Yes, snorkel the intake over the radiator to left side. That's what I'm doing but I'll be using a stainless steel pipe and aluminium air box where the battery used to be (road regulations here).

Also, for the love of horsepower, get rid of that water pump and fan!

Nice job Burndog!!!! Neat, clean, and it works! I ditched the torsion bar (and the broom stick) and used Saab 93 Lift Supports to make a similar mechanism. I had to lift my hood as normal, and it never came down. They work, and depending on your attachment points you have better access to engine compartment. My lift supports were $3 each!