• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have info on Tii 2781423?

BLUNT

A buddy of mine has the motor for this car and knows nothing about it. The car could very well be crushed but the motor is complete and Id love to see it reunited with the correct chassis if possible.

Its not seized and its all there

tii.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I got nothin' Steve!  The car's not in the tii registry.  BMW 2002 Club of Columbia's decoder only tells me it was manufactured during the 1974 calendar year.  My VIN cheat sheet is particularly weak in this VIN range, only confirming it was manufactured between January 24, 1974 (VIN 2781168) and June 1974 (VIN 2782059).  Maybe Les's database will reveal something...

Exhaust heat shield still in place!  Next you'll tell me that it has the wire hose-line clip on the top of the Kugelfischer still in place!

For these engines that may be true orphans, it wouldn't be a terrible fate to see them in a car close to their original VIN.  And it might, for instance, make an original-engine-lost 1974 car more "intact" to have a 1974, rather than a 1972 replacement.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Nope, I have no info on it.

Steve,

2781410 was built 25 Feb '74, so the above motor would be real close, maybe the same day.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I have owned 2781410 since 1982. The VIN info that I requested from Andreas Harz in 2006 confirms that 02Les is correct, a manufacture date of 25 Feb '74. Does anyone know how many tii's were built, on average, per day?

1974 Amazonasgrun tii "Hellcat"

1990 K75S