• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pirelli Cinturato CN36 Tires

2002#3

• 3 months later...
On 16.8.2017 at 4:46 AM, John_in_VA said:

They look noisy compared to today's tread designs.  Good to hear otherwise!

Old quote from Saturday night live sketch, Father Guido...something along the lines of "it doesn't matter how you feel, it's how you look and you look MARVELLOUS." Applies to these tires too. Anyway, what are you going to find in a high speed radial in that size that is "quieter"? I am sure these don't squeal when going around corners like the low budget 13" tires with cheap compounds but modern tread patterns. Those I find appalling and not appealling like these. Even the Michelin xwx/xdx don't look quite so good. I do understand when people have low expectations on tires or when the price/value/budget doesnt line up...On the other hand if you voluntarily choose to stay on 13's you are making a statement. It doesn't have to be rational.  My opinion.

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

• 1 month later...

Price is now $604.80 for 4 shipped to the US from Longstone... shoulda bought them 6 months ago.  <_<

Ed

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

24 minutes ago, bmw_e30 said:

i heard the quality of the tires is terrible. probably because they are made in a former rat factory in turkey

Where did you hear that from?  I have a set that I purchased from Longstone Tyres and have been very impressed with the high quality of the tires.  That "rat factory" in Turkey where the tires are made happens to be the same factory where Pirelli makes all of their tires for Formula 1 racing.  That's what the guy from Longstone Tyre told me.  Anyone on here who has actually purchased a set of these had any issues with the quality? 

John

• Like 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️