• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 stroker options

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, kbmb02 said:

How are they as race motors? <grin> -KB

Ken, Ours seems to be working just fine.

Also you guys know the bottom of the skirt in the block will require some light grinding to clear the stock S14 rod on a S14 crank right?

1974 BMW 2002 John Galt Racing LeMons race car.

Dual weber 45 DCOE carbs on a S14 bottom end. Because Racecar

• 9 months later...

might be a little too late but this ad was in the BMWCCA web site

$2,500
00A0A_kaYi5ElIH4_1200x900.jpg?itok=QQ7oN
• UPDATED
03/01/2018
This is a brand new all in the box BMW Evo3 2.5liter Kit for the S14 Motor. The kit itself includes all listed below: Arrow Rods Schrick Camshafts(x2) Pistons & Rings Steal Head Gasket

Guest martinmcassidy
2 hours ago, Rich said:

$2,500
• UPDATED
03/01/2018
This is a brand new all in the box BMW Evo3 2.5liter Kit for the S14 Motor. The kit itself includes all listed below: Arrow Rods Schrick Camshafts(x2) Pistons & Rings Steal Head Gasket

i would go this route if i had that kind of money, but im already most of the way though a carb'd m20 swap

4 hours ago, Rich said:

$2,500
• UPDATED
03/01/2018

Where's the crank frank?

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

3 hours ago, Harv said:

How about an EVO block with huge pistons and a 1600 crank and a 316 cam?

hmmmm.....

john

I have a plan to build a 92mm bore with a 71mm crank for my 1600-2 - poor mans 2 litre s14. Aim to keep the rev happy nature and gain a bit more more poke. But I'm waiting on my 95.5mm pistons from CP (any day now) to mate with the 87mm crank I've had on the shelf for years (since when they were relatively affordable). 2018 will be a good year for engines :-)

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

9 hours ago, NickVyse said:

But I'm waiting on my 95.5mm pistons from CP (any day now) to mate with the 87mm crank I've had on the shelf for years (since when they were relatively affordable). 2018 will be a good year for engines :-)

95.5...  what block will those fit?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Short stroke is great for less rotating mass. I think the deal is to focus on high rpm power. This means the good rockers and such. The White and Green car that I wax poetically over had such a setup but used a standard M10 block. 7500 rpm was nothing for that car in its prime. 

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

7500 is a good ceiling for a 'normal' prep car- somewhat stiffer (20%?) springs and it will run for seasons

with Febi rockers.

Much over that, it takes some finesse to get the balance between cam wear and rocker breakage right.

t

• Thanks 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL